§ 2380.111. Individual physical examination.
(a) Each individual shall have a physical examination within 12 months prior to admission and annually thereafter.
(b) The physical examination documentation shall be signed and dated by a licensed physician, certified nurse practitioner or certified physicians assistant.
(c) The physical examination shall include:
(1) A review of previous medical history.
(2) A general physical examination.
(3) Immunizations as recommended by the United States Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, Georgia 30333.
(4) Vision and hearing screening, as recommended by the physician.
(5) Tuberculin skin testing with negative results every 2 years; or, if the tuberculin skin test is positive, an initial chest X-ray with results noted.
(6) Specific precautions that shall be taken if the individual has a serious communicable disease as defined in 28 Pa. Code § 27.2 (relating to specific identified reportable diseases, infections and conditions) to the extent that confidentiality laws permit reporting, to prevent the spread of the disease to other individuals.
(7) An assessment of the individuals health maintenance needs, medication regimen and the need for blood work at recommended intervals.
(8) Physical limitations of the individual.
(9) Allergies or contraindicated medication.
(10) Medical information pertinent to diagnosis and treatment in case of an emergency.
(11) Special instructions for an individuals diet.
(d) Immunizations, vision and hearing screening and tuberculin skin testing may be completed, signed and dated by a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse instead of a licensed physician, certified nurse practitioner or certified physicians assistant.
The provisions of this § 2380.111 adopted January 15, 1993, effective January 16, 1993, 23 Pa.B. 343.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.