§ 2380.132. Food provided or arranged for by the facility.
If the facility provides or arranges for meals for individuals, the following requirements apply:
(1) Written daily menus shall be prepared and posted in a location visable to the individuals.
(2) Menus shall be posted at least 1 program day prior to the menu date.
(3) Menus shall be followed.
(4) Written menus shall be retained for at least 2 months.
(5) At least one complete meal shall be provided if the individual is at the facility for 4 or more hours. If an individual is at the facility for more than 6 hours, a nutritional snack shall also be provided.
(6) Each meal served shall contain at least one item from the dairy, protein, fruits and vegetables and grain food groups, unless medically contraindicated for an individual.
(7) The quantity of food served at each meal shall contain at least one-third of the minimum daily requirements as recommended by the United States Department of Agriculture.
(8) A prescribed diet for an individual with a medically restricted diet shall be followed. A written record of the prescribed diet shall be kept.
(9) Cold food shall be kept at or below 45°F. Hot food shall be kept at or above 140°F. Frozen food shall be kept at or below 0°F.
(10) Food shall be protected from contamination while being stored, prepared, served and transported. Food shall be stored in sealed containers.
(11) Uneaten food from a persons dish or from family style serving dishes may not be served again or used in the preparation of other meals.
(12) Utensils used for eating, drinking, preparation and serving of food or drink shall be washed after each use by a mechanical dishwasher or by a method approved by the Department of Environmental Resources.
(13) Mechanical dishwashers shall use hot water temperatures exceeding 140°F in the wash cycle and 180°F in the final rinse cycle or shall be of a chemical sanitizing type approved by the National Sanitation Foundation.
(14) Mechanical dishwashers shall be operated in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.
The provisions of this § 2380.132 adopted January 15, 1993, effective January 16, 1993, 23 Pa.B. 343.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.