§ 2380.33. Program specialist.
(a) At least 1 program specialist shall be assigned for every 30 individuals, regardless of whether they meet the definition of individual in § 2380.3 (relating to definitions).
(b) The program specialist shall be responsible for the following:
(1) Coordinating the completion of assessments.
(2) Participating in the individual plan process, development, team reviews and implementation in accordance with this chapter.
(3) Providing and supervising activities for the individuals in accordance with the individual plans.
(4) Supporting the integration of individuals in the community.
(5) Supporting individual communication and involvement with families and friends.
(c) A program specialist shall have one of the following groups of qualifications:
(1) A masters degree or above from an accredited college or university and 1 year of work experience working directly with persons with disabilities.
(2) A bachelors degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years of work experience working directly with persons with disabilities.
(3) An associates degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university and 4 years of work experience working directly with persons with disabilities.
The provisions of this § 2380.33 amended under sections 201(2), 403(b), 403.1(a) and (b), 911 and 1021 of the Human Services Code (62 P.S. § § 201(2), 403(b), 403.1(a) and (b), 911 and 1021); and section 201(2) of the Mental Health and Intellectual Disability Act of 1966 (50 P.S. § 4201(2)).
The provisions of this § 2380.33 adopted January 15, 1993, effective January 16, 1993, 23 Pa.B. 343; amended August 27, 2010, effective August 28, 2010, 40 Pa.B. 4935; amended October 4, 2019, effective in 120 days, 49 Pa.B. 5777. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (352091) to (352092).
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 2380.31 (relating to effective date of staff qualifications).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.