§ 2390.3. Applicability.
(a) This chapter applies to vocational facilities, except as provided in subsection (b). The requirements apply to profit, nonprofit, publicly funded and privately funded facilities. This chapter contains the minimum requirements that shall be met in order to obtain a certificate of compliance. A vocational facility shall be individually inspected and obtain a certificate of compliance in order to operate. This chapter applies to vocational facilities providing service to one or more disabled clients.
(b) This chapter does not apply to the following:
(1) Vocational facilities or portions of vocational facilities operated by a public school district or intermediate unit.
(2) Vocational facilities operated by the Department.
(3) The clients own home in which homebound employment is provided.
(4) Facilities providing vocational evaluation exclusively.
(5) Private industry settings if disabled adults are integrated in work with other nondisabled employes at the work site.
(6) Approved private schools.
(7) Facilities serving exclusively drug and alcohol clients.
(8) Facilities licensed or approved by the Departments Office of Children, Youth and Families.
(c) If clients work at a location other than the facility and the facility grounds, this chapter does not apply during the time clients are away from the facility. While clients are present at the facility, the requirements of this chapter apply.
The provisions of this § 2390.3 adopted May 9, 1980, effective May 10, 1980, 10 Pa.B. 1897; amended May 9, 1986, effective August 8, 1986, 16 Pa.B. 1693. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (86923).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.