§ 2390.48. Orientation.
(a) Prior to working alone with clients, and within 30 days after hire, the following shall complete the orientation as described in subsection (b):
(1) Management, program, administrative and fiscal staff persons.
(2) Dietary, housekeeping, maintenance and ancillary staff persons, except for persons who provide dietary, housekeeping, maintenance or ancillary services and who are employed or contracted by the building owner and the licensed facility does not own the building.
(3) Direct service workers, including full-time and part-time staff persons.
(4) Volunteers who will work alone with clients.
(5) Paid and unpaid interns who will work alone with clients.
(6) Consultants and contractors who are paid or contracted by the facility and who will work alone with clients, except for consultants and contractors who provide a service for fewer than 30 days within a 12-month period and who are licensed, certified or registered by the Department of State in a health care or social service field.
(b) The orientation must encompass the following areas:
(1) The application of person-centered practices, community integration, client choice and supporting clients to develop and maintain relationships.
(2) The prevention, detection and reporting of abuse, suspected abuse and alleged abuse in accordance with the Older Adults Protective Services Act (35 P.S. § § 10225.10110225.5102), the Child Protective Services Law (23 Pa.C.S. § § 63016386), the Adult Protective Services Act (35 P.S. § § 10210.10110210.704) and applicable protective services regulations.
(3) Client rights.
(4) Recognizing and reporting incidents.
(5) Job-related knowledge and skills.
The provisions of this § 2390.48 issued under sections 201(2), 403(b), 403.1(a) and (b), 911 and 1021 of the Human Services Code (62 P.S. § § 201(2), 403(b), 403.1(a) and (b), 911 and 1021); and section 201(2) of the Mental Health and Intellectual Disability Act of 1966 (50 P.S. § 4201(2)).
The provisions of this § 2390.48 adopted October 4, 2019, effective in 120 days, 49 Pa.B. 5777.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.