§ 2390.75. Nutrition.
(a) If the facility provides meals for clients or a food service training facility program in the facility, the following conditions shall be met:
(1) Food while being stored, prepared, served and transported shall be protected from contamination. Food shall be stored in containers which prevent penetration of insects and rodents.
(2) Food shall be kept at the proper temperature. Cold food shall be kept below 45°F. Hot food shall be kept above 140°F. Frozen food shall be kept below 0°F.
(3) Utensils used for eating, drinking, preparation and serving of food or drink shall be washed after each use by a mechanical dishwasher.
(4) Mechanical dishwashers shall use hot water temperatures exceeding 140°F in the wash cycle and 180°F in the final rinse cycle or shall be of a chemical sanitizing type approved by the National Sanitation Foundation.
(5) Mechanical dishwashers shall be operated in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.
(b) A facility shall have a dining area for lunches and breaks. The area shall be clean and have dining tables and chairs.
(1) The dining area shall be clean.
(2) The dining area shall have a sufficient number of tables and chairs to accommodate the maximum number of clients scheduled for lunch or break.
The provisions of this § 2390.75 adopted May 9, 1980, effective May 10, 1980, 10 Pa.B. 1897; amended May 9, 1986, effective August 8, 1986, 16 Pa.B. 1693. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (86937) to (86938).
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 6000.313 (relating to provisional license factors).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.