§ 3270.20. Reporting injury, death or fire.
(a) The operator shall immediately notify a childs parent and shall telephone notice to the appropriate regional office of the Department within 24 hours if one or more of the following occurs:
(1) Inpatient hospitalization or emergency room treatment of a child receiving care at the facility.
(2) A death of a child receiving care at the facility.
(3) A facility fire that requires the service of a fire department.
(b) The operator shall mail or deliver a written report to the appropriate regional office of the Department within 72 hours after the occurrence of an event listed in subsection (a).
(c) The report shall include the following information:
(1) The name, address and telephone number of the facility.
(2) The name, address and birth date of the child.
(3) The name and address of the childs parent or guardian.
(4) A description of the incident, including the date, time and location of the incident and the equipment involved.
(5) The name and telephone number of local authorities notified.
(6) The nature of the treatment.
(7) The name and address of the place where the treatment was received.
(8) The required follow-up.
(d) The staff person who prepared the report shall sign and date it.
(e) Copies of reports shall be kept in a file at the facility.
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 3270.20a (relating to reporting injury, death or firestatement of policy); 55 Pa. Code § 3270.132 (relating to emergency medical care); and 55 Pa. Code § 3270.241 (relating to requirements specific to school-age programs).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.