§ 3280.3. Applicability.
(a) This chapter applies to facilities in which out-of-home care is provided, at one time, for part of a 24-hour day to more than six but fewer than 16 older school-age level children or more than six but less than 13 children of any other age level, including:
(1) Care provided to a child at the parents work site when the parent is not present in the child care space.
(2) Care provided in private or public, profit or nonprofit facilities.
(3) Care provided before or after the hours of instruction in nonpublic schools and in private nursery schools and kindergartens.
(b) This chapter does not apply to:
(1) Care provided by relatives.
(2) Care furnished in places of worship during religious services.
(3) Care provided in a facility where the parent is present at all times child care is being provided.
(4) Care provided during the hours of instruction in nonpublic schools and in private nursery schools and kindergartens.
(c) A legal entity seeking to operate a child care facility as defined in this chapter shall apply for an initial or renewal certificate of compliance in accordance with the requirements established in Chapter 20 (relating to licensure or approval of facilities and agencies).
(d) Requirements relating to programs serving only school-age children are located at § 3280.221 (relating to requirements specific to school-age programs).
The provisions of this § 3280.3 amended under Articles IX and X of the Human Services Code (62 P.S. § § 901922 and 10011088).
The provisions of this § 3280.3 amended December 18, 2020, effective December 19, 2020, 50 Pa.B. 7133. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (335061) to (335062).
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 3280.221 (relating to requirements specific to school-age pro
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.