§ 3280.3a. Applicabilitystatement of policy
This chapter is not applicable to a part-day school-age program for children who attend kindergarten or older but under 16 years of age as follows:
(1) A part-day school-age program that operates for less than 90 consecutive days per calendar year from the date the program opens to the date the program closes. This clarification does not apply to a legal entity that has a certificate of compliance to operate a child care center or group child care home and that increases its enrollment to include school-age children in the summer and on school holidays.
(2) A part-day school-age program that operates 2 hours or less per day for 3 or fewer days per week.
(3) A part-day school-age program that has a single purpose for the childrens attendance and that purpose is the only focus of the program. For example, basketball or art class.
(4) Tutoring programs that are licensed by or approved and funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), for example:
(i) Tutoring centers and educational testing and remedial centers licensed by PDE under 22 Pa. Code Chapters 61 and 63 (relating to tutoring centers; and educational testing and remedial centers).
(ii) Educational assistance programs operated by school districts directly or by contract with an outside provider approved by PDE.
(iii) Classroom Plus Programs.
(iv) Supplemental Education Services Programs.
(5) A drop-in program where the child may come and go at will. grams).
The provisions of this § 3280.3a adopted September 14, 2007, effective September 15, 2007, 37 Pa.B. 5018.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.