§ 6100.345. Behavior support component of the individual plan.
(a) For each individual for whom a restrictive procedure may be used, the individual plan shall include a component addressing behavior support that is reviewed and approved by the human rights team in § 6100.344 (relating to human rights team), prior to use of a restrictive procedure.
(b) The behavior support component of the individual plan shall be reviewed and revised as necessary by the human rights team, according to the time frame established by the team, not to exceed 6 months between reviews.
(c) The behavior support component of the individual plan shall include:
(1) The specific behavior to be addressed.
(2) An assessment of the behavior, including the suspected reason for the behavior.
(3) The outcome desired.
(4) A target date to achieve the outcome.
(5) Methods for facilitating positive behaviors such as changes in the individuals physical and social environment, changes in the individuals routine, improving communications, recognizing and treating physical and behavioral health conditions, voluntary physical exercise, redirection, praise, modeling, conflict resolution, de-escalation and teaching skills.
(6) Types of restrictive procedures that may be used and the circumstances under which the procedures may be used.
(7) The amount of time the restrictive procedure may be applied.
(8) The name of the staff person responsible for monitoring and documenting progress with the behavior support component of the individual plan.
(d) If a physical restraint will be used or if a restrictive procedure will be used to modify an individuals rights in § 6100.223(9) (relating to content of the individual plan) the behavior support component of the individual plan shall be developed by a professional who has a recognized degree, certification or license relating to behavior support.
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 6100.43 (relating to regulatory waiver); 55 Pa. Code § 6100.349 (relating to emergency use of a physical restraint); 55 Pa. Code § 6100.801 (relating to agency with choice); 55 Pa. Code § 6100.804 (relating to base-funding); and 55 Pa. Code § 6100.805 (relating to vendor goods and services).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.