§ 6100.402. Incident investigation.
(a) The provider shall take immediate action to protect the health, safety and well-being of the individual following the initial knowledge or notice of an incident, alleged incident or suspected incident.
(b) The provider shall initiate an investigation of an incident, alleged incident or suspected incident within 24 hours of discovery by a staff person.
(c) A Department-certified incident investigator shall conduct the investigation of the following incidents:
(1) Death that occurs during the provision of a service.
(2) Inpatient admission to a hospital as a result of an accidental or unexplained injury or an injury caused by a staff person, another individual or during the use of a restraint.
(3) Abuse, including abuse to an individual by another individual.
(6) Injury requiring treatment beyond first aid as a result of an accidental or unexplained injury or an injury caused by a staff person, another individual or during the use of a restraint.
(7) Theft or misuse of individual funds.
(8) A violation of individual rights.
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 6100.801 (relating to agency with choice); 55 Pa. Code § 6100.802 (relating to support coordination, targeted support management and base-funding support coordination); 55 Pa. Code § 6100.804 (relating to base-funding); and 55 Pa. Code § 6100.805 (relating to vendor goods and services).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.