§ 6100.46. Protective services.
(a) Abuse, suspected abuse and alleged abuse of an individual, regardless of the alleged location or alleged perpetrator of the abuse, shall be reported and managed in accordance with the following:
(1) The Adult Protective Services Act (35 P.S. § § 10210.10110210.704) and applicable regulations.
(2) The Child Protective Services Law (23 Pa.C.S. § § 63016386) and applicable regulations.
(3) The Older Adults Protective Services Act (35 P.S. § § 10225.10110225.5102) and applicable regulations.
(b) If there is an incident of abuse, suspected abuse or alleged abuse of an individual involving a staff person, household member, consultant, intern or volunteer, the involved staff person, household member, consultant, intern or volunteer may not have direct contact with an individual until the investigation is concluded and the investigating agency has confirmed that no abuse occurred or that the findings are inconclusive.
(c) In addition to the reporting required under subsection (a), the provider shall immediately report the abuse, suspected abuse or alleged abuse to the following:
(1) The individual.
(2) Persons designated by the individual.
(3) The Department.
(4) The designated managing entity.
(5) The county government office responsible for the intellectual disability program, if applicable.
This section cited in 55 Pa. Code § 6100.43 (relating to regulatory waiver); 55 Pa. Code § 6100.801 (relating to agency with choice); 55 Pa. Code § 6100.804 (relating to base-funding); and 55 Pa. Code § 6100.805 (relating to vendor goods and services).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.