§ 141.18. Permitted devices.
Notwithstanding the prohibitions in § 141.6 (relating to illegal devices), the following devices may be used to hunt or take wildlife:
(1) Firearms that use an electronic impulse to initiate discharge of ammunition. This provision is not intended to authorize use of these devices when these firearms are otherwise prohibited devices for the applicable hunting or trapping season.
(2) Electronic sound amplification devices that are incorporated into hearing protection devices and completely contained in or on the hunters ear.
(3) Electronic devices used for locating dogs while training or hunting, including devices such as e-collars, radio-telemetry dog tracking systems and beeper collars.
(4) Electronic illuminating devices that are affixed at the aft end of a bolt or arrow and used solely for the purpose of locating or tracking bolt or arrow flight after being launched from a crossbow or bow.
(5) Electronic crow decoys used solely for hunting crows.
(6) Electronic rangefinders, including hand-held devices and those contained within a scope or archery sight. This authorization may not be construed to permit a device that emits a light beam, infrared beam, ultraviolet light beam, radio beam, thermal beam, ultrasonic beam, particle beam or other beam that is visible outside of the device or on the target.
(7) Electronically heated scent or lure dispensers. This provision is not intended to authorize use of scents and lures when use is otherwise prohibited by section 2308 of the act (relating to unlawful devices and methods) or § 137.34 or § 137.35 (relating to Chronic Wasting Disease and emergency authority of Director; and Chronic Wasting Disease restrictions).
(8) Electronic devices that generate and distribute ozone gas for scent control purposes.
(9) Electronic waterfowl decoys used solely for hunting waterfowl.
(10) Electronic dove decoys used solely for hunting dove.
(11) Electronic hand-held and firearm-mounted night-vision and infrared optics used solely for furbearer hunting.
The provisions of this § 141.18 amended under the the Game and Wildlife Code, 34 Pa.C.S. § § 322(c)(5) and 2102(a), (b)(1) and (d).
The provisions of this § 141.18 amended March 9, 2001, effective March 10, 2001, 31 Pa.B. 1370; amended May 18, 2001, effective May 19, 2001, 31 Pa.B. 2577; amended January 14, 2005, effective January 15, 2005, 35 Pa.B. 353; amended June 30, 2006, effective July 1, 2006, 36 Pa.B. 3250; amended October 5, 2007, effective October 6, 2007, 37 Pa.B. 5377; amended November 16, 2012, effective November 17, 2012, 42 Pa.B. 7108; amended May 27, 2016, effective May 28, 2016, 46 Pa.B. 2675; amended November 17, 2017, effective November 18, 2017, 47 Pa.B. 7046; amended November 6, 2020, effective November 7, 2020, 50 Pa.B. 6208. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (396535) to (396536).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.