Subchapter AA. DISABLED PERSON ACCESS PERMIT
147.1021. Purpose and scope.
147.1022. Eligibility and application.
147.1023. Disabled person access permits.
The provisions of this Subchapter AA issued under the Game and Wildlife Code, 34 Pa.C.S. § § 721(a) and 2901(b), unless otherwise noted.
The provisions of this Subchapter AA adopted March 23, 2018, effective March 24, 2018, 48 Pa.B. 1677, unless otherwise noted.
This subchapter cited in 58 Pa. Code § 135.49 (relating to definitions); 58 Pa. Code § 135.50 (relating to State game lands open to wheelchair access); 58 Pa. Code § 135.51 (relating to designated routes open to mobility devices and motor vehicles); 58 Pa. Code § 135.52 (relating to towing vehicle placard for persons using mobility devices); 58 Pa. Code § 135.53 (relating to operation of mobility devices and motor vehicles on designated routes); and 58 Pa. Code § 135.54 (relating to transport of passengers restricted).
§ 147.1021. Purpose and scope.
This subchapter provides for disabled person access permits to be issued to eligible persons to authorize their holders to utilize mobility devices and motor vehicles to access designated routes on State game lands.
§ 147.1022. Eligibility and application.
(a) A disabled person access permit will only be issued to a person who provides satisfactory evidence of a mobility disability, which includes any of the following:
(1) A disability parking placard issued by the Department of Transportation (Department). This proof can be either the placard or an identification card issued by the Department documenting the issuance of a disability parking placard.
(2) A disability vehicle registration plate issued by the Department. This proof will be the vehicle registration card bearing a registration number beginning in PD.
(3) A formal document issued by a state other than the Commonwealth, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, Virgin Islands, Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands and Northern Mariana Islands officially recognizing the existence of a mobility disability.
(4) A disabled person permit issued by the Commission under section 2923 of the act (relating to disabled person permits).
(5) A formal document issued by a medical doctor certifying that the applicant has a mobility disability.
(6) Other satisfactory evidence indicating that the applicant has a mobility disability.
(b) A state-issued proof of a mobility disability must be in the applicants name and unexpired. If the state-issued proof of a mobility disability evidences an expiration date or the mobility disability is temporary in nature, the Commission will apply a corresponding expiration date to a permit issued under this subchapter.
(c) An application for a disabled person access permit issued under this subchapter shall be made on a form provided by the Commission.
(d) An application must include the name, customer identification number and contact information of the permit applicant.
§ 147.1023. Disabled person access permits.
A disabled person access permit issued under this subchapter authorizes the permittee to use mobility devices and motor vehicles to access designated routes on State game lands as is more specifically set forth in Chapter 135, Subchapter C (relating to State game lands).
§ 147.1024. Violations.
The Director may deny, revoke or suspend a permit for a violation of this subchapter upon written notice to the permittee.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.