Subchapter Q. PHEASANT PERMIT
The provisions of this Subchapter Q issued under the authority of the Game and Wildlife Code, 34 Pa.C.S. § 2901(b), unless otherwise noted.
§ 147.315. Purpose.
The purpose of this subchapter is to define and implement the Pheasant Hunting Permit Program in this Commonwealth and provide for the issuance of hunting permits authorizing eligible individuals to hunt pheasants during applicable pheasant hunting seasons established in § 139.4 (relating to seasons and bag limits for the license year).
§ 147.316. Application.
(a) Form and content. Applications for pheasant hunting permits issued under this subchapter shall be made through the Commission or any of its authorized license-issuing agents on the appropriate form designated by the Commission for this purpose. Each application must include the applicants name, address, date of birth, Commission-issued Customer Identification Number and any other information required by the Commission.
(1) Adult pheasant hunting permit applications are available for submission by applicants in possession of a valid resident or nonresident adult or senior hunting license, or a valid mentored adult hunting permit. The fee for an adult pheasant hunting permit is $25, plus any applicable transactional and issuing agent fees.
(2) Junior pheasant hunting permit applications are available for submission by applicants in possession of a valid resident or nonresident junior hunting license. There is not a fee for a junior pheasant hunting permit.
The provisions of this § 147.316 amended under the Game and Wildlife Code, 34 Pa.C.S. § 2901(b).
§ 147.317. Permit.
(a) A pheasant hunting permit is required for any person to hunt or take pheasants by any means or manner or device, including the use of dogs, in this Commonwealth.
(b) A pheasant hunting permit shall be signed and carried on person when hunting or taking pheasants in this Commonwealth.
(c) This section and subchapter may not be construed to require a permit for individuals engaged in:
(1) Lawful pheasant hunting activities under a valid commercial or noncommercial regulated hunting grounds or special retriever training area permit issued under sections 2928 and 2942 of the act (relating to regulated hunting grounds permits; and special retriever training areas).
(2) Lawful dog training activities under a valid dog training area, special retriever area, field dog trial or field dog trial for retrievers permit issued under sections 29412944 of the act.
(3) Lawful hunting of pheasants they have acquired and released on private lands not otherwise designated as cooperative access lands under sections 709 and 729 of the act (relating to cooperative agreements relating to land; and public access projects). Any pheasants hunted, taken or possessed under this paragraph shall be banded, tagged, marked or receipted in accordance with section 2930 of the act (relating to propagating permits).
(4) Lawful hunting of pheasants by persons that previously acquired a senior lifetime resident hunting license or senior lifetime resident combination hunting and furtaking license, as defined under 2705 of the act (relating to classes of licenses), prior to May 13, 2017.
The provisions of this § 147.317 amended under the Game and Wildlife Code, 34 Pa.C.S. § 2901(b).
§ 147.318. Violations.
Violations of this subchapter will be prosecuted under section 2908 of the act (relating to violations). Furthermore, the Director may deny, revoke or suspend a permit for a violation of this subchapter upon written notice to the permittee.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.