§ 61.3. Pymatuning Reservoir.
(a) It is unlawful to take, catch, kill or possess a fish of less than the minimum size specified in this section. However, it may not be a violation of this section if an undersized fish taken from waters where fishing is otherwise lawful is immediately returned unharmed to the waters from which it was taken.
(b) It is unlawful to take, catch or kill more than 1 days limit of any species of fish as specified in the following chart during 1 calendar day. It is unlawful to possess more than 1 days limit of any species of fish as specified in the following chart except under the following circumstances:
(1) A person may possess any number of lawfully caught fish at the persons residence.
(2) A person who is engaged in a fishing trip away from home for 2 or more consecutive calendar days may, while transporting fish from the place where caught to his residence, possess a number of fish equal to no more than two times the daily creel limit for that species of fish. In prosecution for vio-lation of this section, it shall be a rebuttable presumption that a person transporting fish from a fishing site caught all of the fish during 1 calendar day.
(3) A fish will not be considered to be caught in violation of this section if it is immediately returned unharmed to the waters from which it was taken.
(4) A fish caught that is not to be counted in the creel limit shall be immediately released unharmed into the water from which taken. Except as otherwise provided in § 53.24 or § 63.40 (relating to tournament and fishing derby permits; and fishing tournaments and fishing derbies), a fish placed on a stringer, or confined by any type of container, structure or device, or not returned immediately to the water, will be considered as part of the daily creel or possession limits. Fish returned to the water shall be handled carefully and be returned unharmed to the water from which taken.
(5) Fish may be given to another person, but the fish shall be counted in the donors creel limit and neither donor nor recipient may kill or possess (while in the act of fishing) more than the limit allowed.
(c) Except as provided by special regulations, the following sizes and creel limits apply to Pymatuning Reservoir:
MINIMUM SPECIES SEASONS SIZE DAILY LIMIT WALLEYE Open year-round 15 inches 6 BASS Open year-round 12 inches 5 MUSKELLUNGE AND MUSKELLUNGE HYBRIDS Open year-round 30 inches 2 OTHERS (including Bait Fish and Fish Bait) Open year-round None None TURTLES (each species other than snapping turtles) Open year-round None 2 MUSSELS/CLAMS Closed year-round 0 CRAYFISH (ALL SPECIES) Open year-round 50. The head must be immediately removed behind the eyes upon capture unless used as bait in the water from which taken.
Frogs and tadpoles may be taken only from July 1 to October 31, both dates inclusive. Lights or firearms may not be used to take frogs. Not over 15 tadpoles or frogs may be taken or possessed. Possession limit for each turtle species (other than snapping turtle) is two.* Hooks used to take turtles shall be at least 3 1/2 inches long with at least 1 inch space between point and shank. No closed season on turtles other than snapping turtles. *Snapping turtlesStatewide regulations apply.
The provisions of this § 61.3 issued under the Fish and Boat Code, 30 Pa.C.S. § § 305, 322, 741, 928, 2102, 2307, 2711 and 51225124; amended under the Fish and Boat Code, 30 Pa.C.S. § § 2102 and 51225124; section 10 of the Sunshine Act (65 P. S. § 280); and section 506 of The Administrative Code of 1929 (71 P. S. § 186).
The provisions of this § 61.3 amended December 28, 1984, effective December 29, 1984, 14 Pa.B. 4691; amended March 13, 1987, effective March 14, 1987, 17 Pa.B. 1084; amended April 19, 1996, effective April 20, 1996, 26 Pa.B. 1825; amended November 22, 1996, effective January 1, 1997, 26 Pa.B. 5701; amended November 5, 1999, effective November 6, 1999, 29 Pa.B. 5717; amended June 15, 2001, effective January 1, 2002, 31 Pa.B. 3205; amended December 17, 2010, effective December 18, 2010, 40 Pa.B. 7233; amended July 3, 2014, effective January 1, 2015, 44 Pa.B. 4177. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (369387) to (369388) and (358691).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.