Rule 1920.53. Hearing by Master. Report.
In an action for divorce or annulment that has been referred to a master, the masters report and recommendation shall include findings of fact, conclusions of law, and a recommended disposition of the case or issue.
(a) The findings of fact shall include, as appropriate for the circumstances and issues before the master:
(1) the method and date of service of process;
(2) the manner and date of service of the notice of the masters hearing or the masters efforts to notify the parties;
(3) the date and place of marriage;
(4) information relating to any prior marriage of the parties and proof of dissolution of such prior marriage;
(5) the residences of the parties at the time of the marriage and subsequent thereto, the actual length of time the parties have resided in the Commonwealth, and whether the residence requirement of Section 3104(b) of the Divorce Code has been met;
(6) the age and occupation of the parties;
(7) the initials and age of the children of the parties, if any, and with whom the children reside;
(8) the grounds upon which the action is based;
(9) defenses to the action, if any;
(10) whether the court should grant or deny the divorce, annulment, or other relief on the basis of the complaint, the counterclaim, if filed, or a motion requesting relief; and
(11) other relevant facts related to the appointment.
(b) The conclusions of law shall include a discussion of the law as it relates to the facts, as well as the legal conclusions reached by the master.
(c) If a divorce or an annulment is recommended, the master shall attach a proposed decree to the report and recommendation.
The provisions of this Rule 1920.53 amended September 11, 1995, effective January 1, 1996, 25 Pa.B. 4097; amended June 3, 2019, effective October 1, 2019, 49 Pa.B. 3059. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (394401).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.