Rule 1920.54. Hearing by Master. Report. Related Claims.
(a) If claims for counsel fees and costs and expenses have been referred to a master pursuant to Pa.R.C.P. No. 1920.51(a), the masters report shall contain a separate section captioned Counsel Fees and Costs and Expenses. The report may be in a narrative form stating the reasons for the recommendation and shall include a proposed order stating:
(1) the amount;
(2) by and for whom it shall be paid; and
(3) the effective date of the order.
(b) If a claim for alimony has been referred to a master, the report shall contain a separate section captioned Alimony. The report shall conform to the requirements of subdivision (a) and, in addition, shall set forth
(1) the findings required by Section 3701(a) of the Divorce Code,
(2) the relevant factors considered under Section 3701(b) of the Divorce Code,
(3) the nature, amount, duration and manner of payment of alimony, if any, and
(4) the reason or reasons for the recommended denial or award of alimony.
(c) If a claim for the determination and distribution of existing property rights and interests between the parties has been referred to a master, the report shall contain a separate section captioned Division of Property. The section shall be divided into two parts,
(1) one captioned Marital Property, listing all property to be designated as such and including a proposed equitable distribution thereof with a discussion of the relevant factors considered under Section 3502(a) of the Divorce Code; and
(2) one captioned Nonmarital Property, listing all property to be designated as such.
The provisions of this Rule 1920.54 amended March 30, 1994, effective July 1, 1994, 24 Pa.B. 1943; amended November 8, 2006, effective February 6, 2007, 36 Pa.B. 7113; amended May 6, 2015, effective July 1, 2015, 45 Pa.B. 2457; amended July 30, 2018, effective January 1, 2019, 48 Pa.B. 4960. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (384541) to (384542).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.