Amendment to Local Rules of Court, Specifically the Amended Compulsory Arbitration Rules
[39 Pa.B. 2571]
[Saturday, May 23, 2009]
And Now, this 27th day of April, 2009, the Blair County Local Rules of Court are hereby amended as indicated in the attachment, and shall become effective thirty (30) days after publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin. The Court Administrator is directed to:
1. File seven (7) certified copies of the within Order and amended local rules with the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts.
2. Forward two (2) certified copies and a disk containing the text of the amended local rules to the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
3. Forward one (1) certified copy to the Civil Procedural Rules Committee of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
4. Forward one (1) copy to the Blair County Legal Bulletin for publication.
Copies shall be kept continuously available for public inspection in the Office of the Blair County Prothonotary, the Office of the Court Administrator and the Blair County Law Library.
HONORABLE JOLENE GRUBB KOPRIVA,
Rule 1301--1 Arbitrators, subsection (d) shall be amended to read as follows:
(d) The Case Manager will swear in the panel and take the oath. The case manager shall also ensure that all exhibits are properly marked and kept within the court file. All photographs shall be marked on the back with the case docket number, and then placed within an envelope also to be marked with the case caption and docket number.
Rule 1303--Arbitration Process, subsection (e) shall be amended to read as follows:
(e) Arbitration Costs--If no appeal is filed, then the Arbitration Costs shall follow the verdict. The unsuccessful party shall pay such Arbitration Costs (as defined below, which does not include the $150 administrative fee) to the Prothonotary within thirty-five (35) days of the Arbitration Award. If an appeal is filed, then the appealing party shall pay the Arbitration Appeal Fees as set forth in Rule 1303 (g) below.
(1) For each Civil Case eligible for arbitration under B.C.L.R. 1301(a)(1) and (3), Arbitration Costs shall be set at one-hundred fifty dollars ($150) to the Chairperson, and one-hundred twenty-five dollars ($125) to each additional Arbitrator of the arbitration panel.
(2) For each Civil Case in which the arbitration hearing lasts four and a half (4 1/2) hours or more, the Arbitration Costs shall be set at two-hundred twenty-five dollars ($225) to the Chairperson, and two-hundred dollars ($200) to each additional Arbitrator of the arbitration panel.
Rule 1303--Arbitration Process, subsection (g) shall be amended to read as follows:
(g) Arbitration Appeal Fees--A party appealing an Arbitration Award, under B.C.L.R. 1308, shall pay to the Prothonotary an Arbitration Appeal Fee of $400, unless the arbitration hearing lasted four and one-half (4 1/2) hours or more, in which case the Arbitration Appeal Fee shall be $625. Such fee must be paid at the time of filing an appeal in order to perfect such appeal. An appeal from the Arbitration Award does not, in any way, relieve any party of any duty to pay any applicable Administrative Fees or Continuance Fees.
There shall be no reimbursement of the Arbitration Appeal Fees to the appealing party, even if the final decision entered after the appeal differs from the Award of Arbitrators.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 09-921. Filed for public inspection May 22, 2009, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.