Extension of Availability of Rebates through the Pennsylvania Alternative Fuel Vehicle Rebate Program
[47 Pa.B. 7897]
[Saturday, December 30, 2017]
The Department of Environmental Protection (Department) announces the continued availability of grants to Commonwealth residents under Pennsylvania's Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Rebate Program (Program). The Program, administered by the Department through the Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant (AFIG) Program, provides rebates to Commonwealth residents to assist individuals with the incremental costs of purchasing an AFV.
To qualify for the rebate, the AFV must be registered and primarily operated in this Commonwealth. The rebate will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis in the order in which applications are received. Rebate request forms and required documentation must be submitted to the Department no later than 6 months after the vehicle is purchased.
All AFV rebates must be submitted online using the eGrants system. To submit an application, visit https://www.esa.dced.state.pa.us/Login.aspx.
The highlights of the Program are as follows:
• The purchase price of any vehicle eligible for a rebate must be less than $50,000.
• A $1,750 rebate for battery electric vehicles (BEV) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) with a battery capacity greater than or equal to 20 kWh.
• A $1,000 rebate for BEVs and PHEVs with a battery capacity between 10 kWh and 20 kWh.
• A $750 rebate for BEVs and PHEVs with a battery capacity less than 10 kWh.
• In addition to rebates for new AFVs, one-time preowned AFVs with 75,000 miles or less and a true market value of $50,000 or less will be eligible to receive a rebate if they meet one of the two following conditions:
1. The resident receiving the rebate must register the one-time preowned vehicle at an address within an air quality nonattainment area for ozone within Allegheny, Armstrong, Bucks, Butler, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia, Washington and Westmoreland Counties.
2. The resident receiving the rebate must register the one-time preowned vehicle at any address in this Commonwealth and must have a household income that is below 200% of the Federal Income Poverty level, as defined by the United States Department of Health and Human Services (https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines). Commonwealth residents who apply for a rebate under this condition will be required to report and verify all earned and unearned income with their application for determining eligibility. A valid source of income verification may include Federal or State tax returns. Verification documents must be included when submitting the rebate request form.
Approximately 500 rebates at all levels will be available. The Program will be offered until the AFIG Program moneys are exhausted and will be reassessed on June 30, 2018.
The Program guidelines, application instructions and rebate availability can be accessed at http://www.dep.pa.gov (select ''Citizens,'' then ''Grants, Loans and Rebates,'' then ''Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant,'' then ''Alternative Fuel Vehicles''). To submit an application, visit https://www.esa.dced.state.pa.us/Login.aspx.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 17-2182. Filed for public inspection December 29, 2017, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.