Title 255—LOCAL COURT RULES
Amendment of Local Rules of Civil Procedure; CI-18-04412
[48 Pa.B. 3851]
[Saturday, June 30, 2018]
And Now, this 11th day of June 2018, it is hereby Ordered that the following Local Rule of Civil Procedure of the Court of Common Pleas of the 2nd Judicial District of Pennsylvania, Lancaster County, is amended as indicated, to be effective thirty (30) days after publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
The Lancaster County District Court Administrator is Ordered to do the following:
1. File one (1) copy to the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts via email to email@example.com.
2. File two (2) paper copies and one (1) electronic copy in a Microsoft Word format only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
3. Publish these Rules on the Lancaster County Court website at www.court.co.lancaster.pa.us.
4. Incorporation of the local rule into the set of local rules on www.court.co.lancaster.pa.us within thirty (30) days after the publication of the local rule in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
5. File one (1) copy of the local rule in the appropriate filing office for public inspection and copying.
By the Court
DENNIS E. REINAKER,
Rule 28. Tax Assessment Appeals.
Appeals from orders of the Lancaster County Board of Assessment Appeals (Board) shall be by petition and shall contain:
1. A caption in substantially the following form:
In Re: Appeal of ) (NAME OF APPELLANT) from the Lancaster County Board of ) Assessment Appeals ) Tax Account No. ______ ) No. ______ . Municipality ) Assessment for the year _____ ) Property of _________________ )
2. Name and address of appellant.
3. Date of filing appeal to Board and amount of assessment originally fixed by the Board.
4. Date of final decision of Board amount of assessment finally fixed by the Board.
5. Reason for appeal.
Within ten days after filing the petition, the appellant shall, by certified mail, serve copies of the petition on the Board, the County solicitor, the municipality in which the tax parcel is located, the school district in which the tax parcel is located and the property owner. Within twenty days thereafter, the appellant shall file a proof of service.
Any person or political subdivision required to be served under paragraph B may intervene as a matter of right by filing within forty days after receipt of the petition, a notice of intervention either as an appellant or appellee. After the forty day period, intervention shall be governed by Pa.R.C.P. Nos. 2326 through 2350.
D. Further Proceedings
Thereafter, the appeal shall proceed pursuant to L.C.R.C.P. Nos. 208.3(a) and 208.3(b) or L.C.R.C.P. Nos. 212.1 through 212.3.
Revised 6-11-18 Effective 7- -18
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 18-998. Filed for public inspection June 29, 2018, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.