DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Pennsylvania Lucky 13 Fast Play Game 5041
[48 Pa.B. 6348]
[Saturday, September 29, 2018]
Under the State Lottery Law (72 P.S. §§ 3761-101—3761-314) and 61 Pa. Code § 803.11 (relating to powers and duties of the Secretary of Revenue), the Secretary of Revenue hereby provides public notice of the rules for the following lottery game:
1. Name: The name of the lottery game is Pennsylvania Lucky 13 (hereinafter ''Lucky 13''). The game number is PA-5041.
(a) Authorized Retailer or Retailer: A person who is properly licensed by the Lottery pursuant to 61 Pa. Code §§ 805.1—805.17.
(b) Bar Code: The symbology on the ticket containing certain encrypted validation and accounting data used for identifying winning and losing tickets.
(c) Game Ticket: A bearer instrument produced through a Lottery Terminal that is the player's record of a play for a Fast Play lottery game and sold by an authorized retailer containing the play and validation data as published in this game notice.
(d) Lottery Central Computer System: The computer gaming system on which all Fast Play plays are recorded.
(e) Lottery Terminal: A device authorized by the Lottery to function in an interactive mode with the Lottery Central Computer System for the purpose of issuing plays, executing Quick Pick selections, and entering, receiving, and processing lottery transactions, including making purchases, validating plays, and transmitting reports, and performing inventory functions.
(f) Play: A chance to participate in a particular Fast Play lottery game.
(g) Play Area: The area on a ticket which contains one or more play symbols.
(h) PLAY GRID: The play symbols found in the play area that, when paired as instructed on the game ticket, determine whether a player wins a prize.
(i) Play Symbol: A number, letter, symbol, image or other character found in the play area which is used to determine whether a player wins a prize.
(j) PRIZE: A non-monetary item, money, or experience that can be won as specified in section 7 (relating to prizes available to be won and determination of prize winners) of this game notice.
(k) PRIZE LEGEND: The area on the ticket that shows a player the corresponding prize that can be won by matching different winning scenarios.
(l) Winning Ticket: A game ticket which has been validated and qualifies for a prize.
3. Price: The price of a Lucky 13 ticket is $5.
4. Description of the Lucky 13 lottery game:
(a) The Lucky 13 lottery game is an instant win game printed from a Lottery Terminal. All prizes are predetermined, and the player does not have the ability to select his or her own play symbols. Lucky 13 tickets may be purchased from an authorized retailer or at a Lottery self-service terminal that sells terminal-based Lottery game tickets. Tickets purchased from an authorized retailer shall be printed on-demand at the time of purchase and may not be preprinted by the retailer.
(b) Lucky 13 is played by finding like play symbols in the ''PLAY GRID'' area. A player wins a prize indicated in the ''PRIZE LEGEND'' by finding five like play symbols in the ''PLAY GRID'' area. A bet slip is not used to play this game.
(c) Players can win the prize identified in section 7 (relating to prizes available to be won and determination of prize winners).
(d) A Lucky 13 game ticket cannot be canceled or voided once printed by the Lottery Terminal, even if printed in error.
(e) To purchase a ticket at an authorized retailer, a player must remit the purchase price to the retailer by verbally requesting a Lucky 13 game ticket. The ticket shall be the only valid proof of the bet placed and the only valid receipt for claiming a prize.
(f) To purchase a ticket at a Pennsylvania Lottery self-service terminal, the player must insert into the self-service terminal a dollar amount equal to the total purchase price of a Lucky 13 game ticket and select the Lucky 13 option on the Lottery self-service terminal. The ticket shall be the only valid proof of the bet placed and the only valid receipt for claiming a prize.
5. Lucky 13 ticket characteristics:
(a) A Lucky 13 ticket shall contain a play area, the cost of the play, the date the ticket was printed, and a bar code.
(b) Play Symbols: Each Lucky 13 ticket play area will contain a ''PLAY GRID.'' The play symbols located in the ''PLAY GRID'' are: Ghost (GHOST) symbol, Moon (MOON) symbol, Cat (CAT) symbol, Bat (BAT) symbol, Pumpkin (PUMPKIN) symbol, Cauldron (CAULDRN) symbol, Spider (SPIDER) symbol, Spooky Eyes (SPKYEYES) symbol, and a 13 (THRTN) symbol.
(c) Prizes: The prizes, located in the ''PRIZE LEGEND,'' that can be won in this game are: $5, $10, $13, $20, $50, $100, $200, $1,000 and $13,000. A player can win up to three times on a ticket.
(d) Approximate Number of Tickets Available for the Game: Approximately 1,200,000 tickets will be available for sale for the Lucky 13 lottery game.
6. Second-Chance Drawing: The Pennsylvania Lottery will conduct a Spooktacular Second-Chance Drawing for which non-winning Lucky 13 Fast Play lottery game tickets may be eligible as provided for in section 9.
7. Prizes available to be won and determination of prize winners:
(a) Each of the Lucky 13 prize payments will be made as one-time, lump-sum cash payments.
(b) Holders of tickets upon which a player finds five 13 (THRTN) symbols in the ''PLAY GRID,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $13,000.
(c) Holders of tickets upon which a player finds five Spooky Eyes (SPKYEYES) symbols in the ''PLAY GRID,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $1,000.
(d) Holders of tickets upon which a player finds five Spider (SPIDER) symbols in the ''PLAY GRID,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $200.
(e) Holders of tickets upon which a player finds five Cauldron (CAULDRN) symbols in the ''PLAY GRID,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $100.
(f) Holders of tickets upon which a player finds five Pumpkin (PUMPKIN) symbols in the ''PLAY GRID,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $50.
(g) Holders of tickets upon which a player finds five Bat (BAT) symbols in the ''PLAY GRID,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $20.
(h) Holders of tickets upon which a player finds five Cat (CAT) symbols in the ''PLAY GRID,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $13.
(i) Holders of tickets upon which a player finds five Moon (MOON) symbols in the ''PLAY GRID,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $10.
(j) Holders of tickets upon which a player finds five Ghost (GHOST) symbols in the ''PLAY GRID,'' on a single ticket, shall be entitled to a prize of $5.
8. Number and Description of Prizes and Approximate Chances of Winning: The following table sets forth the approximate number of winners, amounts of prizes, and approximate chances of winning:
When You Find Five (5) Like Symbols In
The PLAY GRID, Win Corresponding PRIZE Shown In The PRIZE LEGEND.
Winning Are 1 In:
Of Winners Per
5—GHOST SYMBOLS $5 8 150,000 5—MOON SYMBOLS $10 34.48 34,800 5—CAT SYMBOLS $13 18.18 66,000 (5—MOON SYMBOLS) + (5—GHOST SYMBOLS) $15 111.11 10,800 5—BAT SYMBOLS $20 40.82 29,400 (5—BAT SYMBOLS) + (5—MOON SYMBOLS) + (5—GHOST SYMBOLS) $35 500 2,400 5—PUMPKIN SYMBOLS $50 166.67 7,200 (5—PUMPKIN SYMBOLS) + (5—MOON SYMBOLS) + (5—GHOST SYMBOLS) $65 6,000 200 5—CAULDRON SYMBOLS $100 800 1,500 (5—CAULDRON SYMBOLS) + (5—BAT SYMBOLS) + (5—MOON SYMBOLS) $130 266.67 4,500 5—SPIDER SYMBOLS $200 12,000 100 (5—SPIDER SYMBOLS) + (5—CAULDRON SYMBOLS) $300 4,800 250 5—SPOOKY EYES SYMBOLS $1,000 12,000 100 5—13 SYMBOLS $13,000 120,000 10
Prizes, including top prizes, are subject to availability at the time of purchase.
9. Second-Chance Drawing: Pennsylvania Lottery's Spooktacular Second-Chance Drawing for qualifying Fast Play lottery game tickets (hereafter, the ''Drawing'').
(a) Qualifying Tickets: Non-winning PA-5041 Lucky 13 ($5) and PA-5042 Screamin' 7s ($1) Fast Play lottery game tickets (''Qualifying Tickets'') are eligible for entry in the Drawing.
(b) Participation and Entry:
(1) Entrants must be members of the Pennsylvania Lottery VIP Players Club to participate in the Drawing. To join the VIP Players Club, visit http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/vipplayersclub/login.aspx. Becoming a VIP Players Club member is free.
(2) To enter the Drawing, entrants must submit the identifying information from at least one Qualifying Ticket via the Drawing's promotional website, available at http://www.palottery.com, or the Pennsylvania Lottery's official mobile application during the entry period. The identifying information from a Qualifying Ticket may be submitted only once in the Drawing. No other method of submission will be accepted, and entries submitted using any other method, including entries mailed or hand-delivered to the Pennsylvania Lottery, are not valid and will be disqualified.
(3) Each entry must be complete and the information supplied by the entrant must be accurate. Incomplete entries cannot be accepted.
(4) Only one claimant per entry allowed.
(5) Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
(6) Players may submit the identifying information from an unlimited number of Qualifying Tickets in the Drawing.
(7) Once an entry has been submitted it cannot be withdrawn or changed.
(c) Drawing Description.
(1) The Lottery will conduct one Spooktacular Second-Chance Drawing for qualifying Fast Play lottery game tickets. All time references are Eastern Prevailing Time.
(2) All entries received after 11:59:59 p.m. October 1, 2018, through 11:59:59 p.m. November 1, 2018, will be entered into the Drawing to be held between November 2, 2018 and November 12, 2018.
(3) The entry period for the Drawing will be posted to the Pennsylvania Lottery's publicly accessible website.
(4) When a Qualifying Ticket is entered into the Drawing, the entry has a chance to be multiplied by three (hereafter the ''Entry Tripler Prize''). Each Qualifying Ticket will have a predetermined ticket file assigned at the time the ticket is printed that will determine whether an entry will be multiplied. If an entry is multiplied, the entrant will be notified during the entry process.
(5) The number of entries an entrant will receive for the Drawing is determined by the purchase price of the Qualifying Ticket entered and the Entry Tripler Prize, if applicable. The respective purchase price and corresponding number of entries for the Qualifying Ticket is as follows: PA-5041 Lucky 13 ($5) = 5 entries; PA-5042 Screamin' 7s ($1) = 1 entry.
(6) Players may review prizes won and their entries for the Drawing via the Drawing's promotional website.
(d) Prizes Available to be Won, Determination of Winners, and Odds of Winning.
(1) The prize entitlements described below are subject to all restrictions and limitations described in section 9(e), or mentioned anywhere else in these rules.
(2) The following table sets forth the approximate number of Entry Tripler Prizes and the approximate odds of winning an Entry Tripler Prize:
Qualifying Ticket Approximate Number of Entry Tripler Winners Approximate
Odds Are 1 in:
Lucky 13 298,947 3 Screamin' 7s 452,870 2
(3) The Lottery will conduct one Drawing from among all the entries received during the entry period as described in section 9(c).
(i) The first and second entries selected in the Drawing will be winning entries and the entrants who submitted the winning entries shall each be entitled to a prize of $13,000, less required income tax withholding.
(ii) The third through the sixteenth entries selected in the Drawing will be winning entries and the entrants who submitted the winning entries shall each be entitled to a prize of $1,000.
(iii) The seventeenth through the thirty-sixth entries selected in the Drawing will be winning entries and the entrants who submitted the winning entries shall each be entitled to a prize of $500.
(4) All prizes will be paid as lump-sum cash payments.
(5) The number of winning entries to be selected for the Drawing will be posted to the Pennsylvania Lottery's publicly accessible website.
(6) The odds of winning in the Drawing depend upon the number of entries received for the Drawing.
(7) A computer-generated randomizer will be used to select the Drawing winners.
(e) Drawing Restrictions.
(1) To be eligible to participate in the Drawing, entrants must have complied with the requirements of these rules.
(2) The Lottery is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries not entered into the Drawing. The Lottery is not responsible for entries that are not entered into the Drawing because of incompatible internet browsers, mobile lottery application failure or other technical issues. If an entry is selected as a winner and rejected or otherwise disqualified during or following the Drawing, the Lottery will select another entry to replace the rejected or otherwise disqualified entry in accordance with these rules and Lottery procedure.
(3) If any discrepancy exists between these rules and any material describing the Drawing, these rules shall govern.
(4) Employees of the Pennsylvania Lottery, MARC USA, Scientific Games International Inc., MDI Entertainment, LLC, and their subcontractors, or a spouse, child, brother, sister or parent residing as a member of the same household in the principle place of residence of any such person are not eligible to participate in the Drawing. Offer void where prohibited or restricted.
(5) The Pennsylvania Lottery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Drawing and change these rules if the Drawing cannot be conducted as planned due to errors in these rules or advertising, unauthorized intervention, tampering, fraud, technical errors, viruses, worms, bugs, or any other cause beyond the control of the Pennsylvania Lottery that, in the Pennsylvania Lottery's sole judgment, could corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Drawing.
(6) All entries shall be subject to verification by the Pennsylvania Lottery.
(7) The Pennsylvania Lottery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify an entrant found to be tampering with the operation of the Drawing or to be acting in violation of these rules or applicable law.
(8) The Drawing is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Applicable laws and regulations apply.
(9) Prizes must be claimed within one year of the drawing date of the drawing in which the prize was won. If no claim is made within one year of the drawing date of the drawing in which the prize was won, the right of an entrant to claim the prize won, if any, will expire and the prize money will be paid into the State Lottery Fund and used for purposes provided by statute.
(10) Final determination of winners will be made by the Secretary, whose judgment will be final and binding.
(11) A prize awarded in the Drawing to a person who dies before receiving the prize shall be paid according to 61 Pa. Code § 811.16 (relating to prizes payable after death of a prize winner).
(12) A winner is responsible for all taxes arising from or in connection with any prize won.
(13) A player may only win the prize for which the player is first selected in the Drawing. Subsequent entries, from the same individual, selected in the Drawing will be disqualified and a replacement entry will be selected.
(14) Prizes are not transferrable.
(15) Other restrictions may apply.
10. Ticket Responsibility:
(a) A Fast Play lottery game ticket is a bearer document deemed to be owned by the person holding the game ticket, except that if a name is contained on the back of the game ticket, the person so named will, for all purposes, be considered the owner of the game ticket.
(b) The holder of a Fast Play lottery game ticket has the sole responsibility for checking the accuracy and condition of the data printed on the game ticket.
(c) The Commonwealth shall not be responsible for a lost or stolen Fast Play lottery game ticket, or for a Fast Play ticket redeemed by a player in error.
11. Ticket Validation and Requirements:
(a) Valid Fast Play lottery game tickets. To be a valid Fast Play lottery game ticket, the presented game ticket must meet the following requirements:
(1) The game ticket's bar code shall be present in its entirety.
(2) The game ticket must be intact.
(3) The game ticket may not be mutilated, altered, reconstituted or tampered with.
(4) The game ticket may not be counterfeit or a duplicate of a winning ticket.
(5) The game ticket must have been validly issued.
(6) The game ticket data shall have been recorded on the Lottery Central Computer System and the game ticket data shall match the computer record in every respect.
(7) The game ticket must not be defectively printed or printed or produced in error such that it cannot be processed or validated by the Lottery.
(8) The game ticket must pass other confidential security checks of the Lottery.
(b) Invalid or defective game tickets: A game ticket not passing the validation requirements in subsection (a) will be considered invalid and no payment will be made on account of any play recorded thereon. The determination of the Secretary in this regard is final.
12. Procedures for claiming and payment of prizes:
(a) A prize may be claimed through an authorized retailer or the Lottery, as provided in this section. A prize must be claimed within 1 year of the sale date of the Fast Play lottery game ticket.
(b) An authorized retailer is authorized to pay prizes of $2,500 or less. The holder of a game ticket evidencing a winning play representing a prize of $2,500 or less may be paid by a participating authorized retailer if a proper validation pay ticket was issued by the retailer's Lottery Terminal.
(c) The holder of a game ticket evidencing a winning play representing a prize in excess of $2,500 may present the game ticket to an authorized retailer, Lottery District Office, or Lottery Headquarters.
(d) The holder of a game ticket evidencing a winning play shall present the ticket, in person, to an authorized retailer, Lottery Headquarters or a Lottery District Office. The retailer or the Lottery will issue payment if:
(1) The game ticket is scanned and the play is validated through the Lottery Terminal or the Lottery Central Computer System;
(2) A claim form is properly and fully completed;
(3) The identification of the claimant is confirmed; and
(4) The winning ticket has not expired, pursuant to this section or section 12 (relating to unclaimed prizes).
(e) The Commonwealth shall not be responsible for a winning play paid in error by an authorized retailer.
(f) In the event a prize described in these rules is not available, the Lottery may either provide a substitute prize, determined by the Secretary to have an equivalent value to the prize won, or make a cash payment to the winner, in an amount determined by the Secretary to have an equivalent value to the prize won.
13. Funding for prizes: Moneys will be drawn from the State Lottery Fund, to the extent necessary, to fund the payment of prizes under this section. If this lottery game is terminated for any cause, prize moneys remaining undistributed will remain in the State Lottery Fund and used for purposes otherwise provided for by law.
14. Unclaimed prizes: Unclaimed prize money on winning Fast Play lottery game tickets will be retained by the Secretary for payment to the persons entitled thereto for 1 year from the sale date of the winning Fast Play lottery game ticket. If no claim is made within 1 year from the sale date of the winning Fast Play lottery game ticket, the right of a ticket holder to claim the prize represented by that ticket, if any, shall expire.
15. Purchase and prize restrictions: A Fast Play lottery game ticket may not be purchased by, and a prize may not be paid, to an officer or employee of the Lottery, Lottery professional services contractors or subcontractors, or to a spouse, child, brother, sister or parent residing in the same household of an officer, employee, contractor or subcontractor who is involved in the production, distribution or operation of systems for the validation or accounting of Fast Play games.
16. Governing Law:
(a) By purchasing a ticket, the purchaser agrees to comply with and abide by the State Lottery Law (72 P.S. §§ 3761-101—3761-314), this notice, instructions, conditions and final decisions of the Secretary, and procedures established by the Secretary for the conduct of the Lucky 13 lottery game.
(b) Decisions made by the Secretary, including the declaration of prizes and the payment thereof, in interpretation of this notice are final and binding on players and persons making a claim in respect thereof.
17. Retailer Compensation:
(a) Authorized retailers may be entitled to compensation as determined by the Lottery.
(b) No authorized retailer or employee of an authorized retailer shall request, demand, or accept gratuities or any compensation other than as provided in subsection (a) in exchange for the performance of duties authorized pursuant to the Lottery retailer's license without the Lottery's prior written authorization.
18. Retailer Incentive Programs. The Lottery may conduct a separate Retailer Incentive Program for retailers who sell Lucky 13 lottery game tickets.
19. Retailer Bonus: The Lottery may offer a retailer bonus in connection with the sale of Pennsylvania Fast Play lottery game tickets. If a retailer bonus is offered, a Lottery retailer shall be eligible for a bonus as described in this section. Lottery retailers who sell a winning ticket that entitles the ticket holder to a prize, either payable in a single installment or having a guaranteed minimum payout, of at least $100,000 and not exceeding $500,000 shall be paid a bonus of $500. Lottery retailers who sell a winning ticket that entitles the ticket holder to a prize, either payable in a single installment or having a guaranteed minimum payout, of at least $500,001 and not exceeding $1,000,000 shall be paid a bonus of $5,000. Lottery retailers who sell a winning ticket that entitles the ticket holder to a prize, either payable in a single installment or having a guaranteed minimum payout, of at least $1,000,001 and not exceeding $10,000,000 shall be paid a bonus of $10,000. A Lottery retailer is entitled only to the largest bonus for which he qualifies on a winning ticket. A bonus will be initiated for payment after the Fast Play game ticket is claimed and validated. A bonus will not be awarded to a Lottery retailer that sells a non-winning Pennsylvania Lottery Fast Play game ticket used to enter a Pennsylvania Lottery second-chance drawing or promotion that is subsequently selected to win a prize.
20. Termination of the Game: The Secretary may announce a termination date, after which no further tickets from this game may be sold. The announcement will be disseminated through media used to advertise or promote Lucky 13 or through normal communications methods.
21. Applicability: This notice applies only to the Lucky 13 lottery game announced in this notice.
C. DANIEL HASSELL,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 18-1538. Filed for public inspection September 21, 2018, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.