DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Pennsylvania Boo Koo Bucks Instant Lottery Game 1423; Change to Game Rules; Amended Notice
[49 Pa.B. 6030]
[Saturday, October 12, 2019]
Under the State Lottery Law (72 P.S. §§ 3761-101—3761-314) and 61 Pa. Code § 819.203 (relating to notice of instant game rules), the Secretary of Revenue hereby provides public notice of changes to the Pennsylvania Boo Koo Bucks (hereinafter referred to as ''Boo Koo Bucks'') instant lottery game rules that were published at 49 Pa.B. 5368 (September 14, 2019).
The Pennsylvania Lottery intends to clarify the operation of the Howl-O-Ween Second-Chance Drawing. The Pennsylvania Lottery has determined that additional clarification is required for the Entry Doubler Prize and for the iLottery Bonus Money awarded as part of the Second-Chance Drawing. The correct version of this document is as follows, with ellipses referring to the existing text as it appeared at 49 Pa.B. 5368—5373:
* * * * *
10. Second-Chance Drawing: Pennsylvania Lottery's Howl-O-Ween Second-Chance Drawing for qualifying instant lottery game tickets (hereafter, the ''Drawing'').
(a) Qualifying tickets: Non-winning PA-1423 Boo Koo Bucks ($5), PA-1424 Monster Cash ($2) and PA-1425 Mummy Money ($1) instant lottery game tickets (''Qualifying Tickets'') are eligible for entry in the Drawing.
(b) Participation and entry:
(1) Entrants must be members of the Pennsylvania Lottery VIP Players Club to participate in the Drawing. To join the VIP Players Club, visit http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/vipplayersclub/login.aspx. Becoming a VIP Players Club member is free.
(2) To enter the Drawing, entrants must submit the identifying information from at least one Qualifying Ticket via the Drawing's promotional web site, available at http://www.palottery.com, or the Pennsylvania Lottery's official mobile application during the entry period. The identifying information from a Qualifying Ticket may be submitted only once in the Drawing. Entries will automatically be awarded at the time of successful submission of a Qualifying Ticket. No other method of submission will be accepted. Entries submitted using any other method, including entries mailed or hand-delivered to the Pennsylvania Lottery, are not valid and will be disqualified.
(3) Each entry must be complete and the information supplied by the entrant must be accurate. Incomplete entries cannot be accepted.
(4) Only one claimant per entry allowed.
(5) Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
(6) Players may submit the identifying information from an unlimited number of Qualifying Tickets.
(7) Once an entry has been submitted it cannot be withdrawn or changed.
(c) Drawing description:
(1) The Lottery will conduct one Howl-O-Ween Second-Chance Drawing for qualifying instant lottery game tickets. All time references are Eastern Prevailing Time.
(2) All entries received after 11:59:59 p.m. September 15, 2019, through 11:59:59 p.m. November 7, 2019, will be entered into the Drawing to be held between November 8, 2019 and November 20, 2019.
(3) The entry period for the Drawing will be posted to the Pennsylvania Lottery's publicly accessible web site.
(4) When a Qualifying Ticket is entered into the Drawing, the entry has a chance to be multiplied by two (hereafter the ''Entry Doubler Prize''). Each Qualifying Ticket will have a predetermined ticket file assigned at the time the ticket is printed that will determine whether an entry will be multiplied. If an entry is multiplied, the entrant will be notified during the entry process.
(5) The number of entries an entrant will receive for the Drawing is determined by the purchase price of the Qualifying Ticket entered and the Entry Doubler Prize, if applicable. The respective purchase price and corresponding number of entries for the Qualifying Ticket is as follows: PA-1423 Boo Koo Bucks ($5) = five entries, PA-1424 Monster Cash ($2) = two entries, PA-1425 Mummy Money ($1) = one entry.
(6) Players may review prizes won and their entries for the Drawing via the Drawing's promotional web site.
(d) Prizes available to be won, determination of winners, and odds of winning:
(1) The prize entitlements described below are subject to all restrictions and limitations described in section 10(e), or mentioned anywhere else in these rules.
(2) The following table sets forth the approximate number of Entry Doubler Prizes and the approximate odds of winning an Entry Doubler Prize:
Qualifying Tickets: Approximate Number of Entry
Approximate Odds of Winning a
2x Multiplier Are 1 In:
Boo Koo Bucks 205,303 20 Monster Cash 422,169 10 Mummy Money 849,016 5
(3) The Lottery will conduct one Drawing from among all the entries received during the entry period as described in section 10(c)(2).
(i) The first through the third entries selected in the Drawing will be a winning entry and the entrants who submitted the winning entry shall each be entitled to a prize of $31,000, less required income tax withholding.
(ii) The fourth through the eighth entries selected in the Drawing will be a winning entry and the entrants who submitted the winning entry shall each be entitled to a prize of $10,000, less required income tax withholding.
(iii) The ninth through the eighteenth entries selected in the Drawing will be winning entries and the entrants who submitted the winning entries shall each be entitled to a prize of $1,000.
(iv) The nineteenth through the forty-ninth entries selected in the Drawing will be winning entries and the entrants who submitted the winning entries shall each be entitled to a prize of $500.
(v) The fiftieth through the ninety-ninth entries selected in the Drawing will be winning entries and the entrants who submitted the winning entries shall each be entitled to a prize of $100 iLottery Bonus Money.
(4) All prizes will be paid as lump-sum cash payments or uploaded to a winning player's iLottery account.
(5) Winners of iLottery Bonus Money are not required to claim a prize. Winners of iLottery Bonus Money will have the iLottery Bonus Money credited to their Lottery Account and will receive an email notifying them that they won a prize.
(6) The number of winning entries to be selected for the Drawing will be posted to the Pennsylvania Lottery's publicly accessible web site.
(7) The odds of winning in the Drawing depend upon the number of entries received for the Drawing.
(8) A computer-generated randomizer will be used to select the Drawing winners.
(e) Drawing restrictions:
(1) To be eligible to participate in the Drawing, entrants must have complied with the requirements of these rules.
(2) The Lottery is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries not entered into the Drawing. The Lottery is not responsible for entries that are not entered into the Drawing because of incompatible internet browsers, mobile lottery application failure or other technical issues. If an entry is selected as a winner and rejected or otherwise disqualified during or following the Drawing, the Lottery will select another entry to replace the rejected or otherwise disqualified entry in accordance with these rules and Lottery procedure.
(3) If any discrepancy exists between these rules and any material describing the Drawing, these rules shall govern.
(4) Employees of the Pennsylvania Lottery, MARC USA, Scientific Games International Inc., MDI Entertainment, LLC, and their subcontractors, or a spouse, child, brother, sister or parent residing as a member of the same household in the principle place of residence of any such person are not eligible to participate in the Drawing. Offer void where prohibited or restricted.
(5) The Pennsylvania Lottery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Drawing and change these rules if the Drawing cannot be conducted as planned due to errors in these rules or advertising, unauthorized intervention, tampering, fraud, technical errors, viruses, worms, bugs, or any other cause beyond the control of the Pennsylvania Lottery that, in the Pennsylvania Lottery's sole judgment, could corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Drawing.
(6) All entries shall be subject to verification by the Pennsylvania Lottery.
(7) The Pennsylvania Lottery reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify an entrant found to be tampering with the operation of the Drawing or to be acting in violation of these rules or applicable law.
(8) The Drawing is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Applicable laws and regulations apply.
(9) Prizes must be claimed within 1 year of the drawing date of the drawing in which the prize was won. If no claim is made within 1 year of the drawing date of the drawing in which the prize was won, the right of an entrant to claim the prize won, if any, will expire and the prize money will be paid into the State Lottery Fund and used for purposes provided by statute.
(10) Final determination of winners will be made by the Secretary, whose judgment will be final and binding.
(11) A prize awarded in the Drawing to a person who dies before receiving the prize shall be paid according to 61 Pa. Code § 811.16 (relating to prizes payable after death of a prize winner).
(12) A winner is responsible for all taxes arising from or in connection with any prize won.
(13) A player may only win the prize for which the player is first selected in the Drawing. Subsequent entries, from the same individual, selected in the Drawing will be disqualified and a replacement entry will be selected.
(14) Winners of iLottery Bonus Money must abide by the iLottery terms and conditions, the iLottery Bonus Policy and these rules. iLottery Bonus Money will expire 90 days from the date on which the winner was notified, via email, of the prize win, as further detailed in section 10(d)(5). iLottery Bonus Money has a five times play through requirement in order to convert the iLottery Bonus Money into cash. For example, if a player wins $100 of iLottery Bonus Money, the player is required to place $500 in wagers before the iLottery Bonus Money awarded is converted into cash, which may be withdrawn from the player's account.
(15) Prizes are not transferrable.
(16) Other restrictions may apply.
* * * * *
C. DANIEL HASSELL,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 19-1524. Filed for public inspection October 11, 2019, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.