FISH AND BOAT COMMISSION
Approved Courses of Instruction in Boating Safety Education
[51 Pa.B. 7008]
[Saturday, November 6, 2021]
Section 91.6(a)(1) of 58 Pa. Code (relating to Boating Safety Education Certificates) defines a Boating Safety Education Certificate for residents of this Commonwealth as a document issued by the Fish and Boat Commission (Commission) certifying that the person named on the certificate has established proof of competency through the successful completion of a course approved in accordance with 58 Pa. Code § 91.7 (relating to criteria for courses of instruction in boating safety education). Under 58 Pa. Code § 91.7, the Executive Director of the Commission may approve, by notice, boating safety education courses that meet the course criteria established under that section, and will publish a list of approved boating safety education courses in the Pennsylvania Bulletin on an annual basis or more frequently as required. The Executive Director has approved the following courses in boating safety education for Commonwealth residents, effective January 1, 2022:
• Fish and Boat Commission (Basic Boating/Boating and Water Safety Awareness—classroom course)
• United States Coast Guard Auxiliary (Boating Skills and Seamanship—classroom course)
• United States Power Squadrons (America's Boating Course—classroom course)
• Kalkomey Enterprises, LLC (Boat-Ed/Boat Pennsylvania—correspondence course)
• Kalkomey Enterprises, LLC (BOATERexam Pennsylvania—Internet course)
• Kalkomey Enterprises, LLC (Boat-Ed/Boat Pennsylvania—Internet course)
• Kalkomey Enterprises, LLC (ilearntoboat—Internet course)
For nonresidents, a Boating Safety Education Certificate is a certificate, card or other official document that indicates on the certificate, card or other document successful completion of a course approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators.
TIMOTHY D. SCHAEFFER,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 21-1858. Filed for public inspection November 5, 2021, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.