Title 255—LOCAL COURT RULES
Crime Victim's Compensation Fund, Victim Witness Services; No. AD-4-2018
[53 Pa.B. 1664]
[Saturday, March 25, 2023]
And Now, this 22nd day of March, 2023, pursuant to Title 18, Section 11.1101, It Is Hereby Ordered as follows:
1. The previous Orders of Court issued November 15, 2018, October 8, 2019, and March 13, 2023 are hereby deemed superseded by this Order and shall become ineffective upon this Order's effective date.
2. The assessment of the Crime Victim's Compensation Fund and the Victim Witness Services Fund shall increase to a total of Two Hundred and 00/100 ($200.00) Dollars unless otherwise ordered by this Court.
3. This cost shall be imposed at both the Magisterial District Courts and the Court of Common Pleas of this Judicial District notwithstanding any statutory provision to the contrary.
4. Pursuant to 18 P.S. § 11.1101(b), disposition of the assessment shall be as follows:
(a) Sixty and 00/100 ($60.00) Dollars of the costs imposed where the accused has pled guilty or nolo contendere, or has been placed into a diversionary program, plus thirty (30%) percent of the costs imposed which exceed Sixty and 00/100 ($60.00) Dollars (i.e. a total of One Hundred and Two and 00/100 ($102.00) Dollars) shall be paid into the Crime Victim's Compensation Fund;
(b) Seventy (70%) percent of the costs imposed which exceed Sixty and 00/100 ($60.00) Dollars (i.e. Ninety- eight and 00/100 ($98.00) Dollars) shall be paid to the Local Victim Services Fund. These monies shall be deposited into a separate account to be utilized by the Office of District Attorney of Clinton County solely for victim services under guidelines of Act 77; and
(c) These changes replace the current § 11.1101(b)(1) and (2) assessments as set forth in the Order of October 8, 2019 and the Order of March 13, 2023.
5. The Administrative Order shall be effective within thirty (30) days after publication thereof in The Pennsylvania Bulletin, and shall govern all matters.
6. The Judicial Law Clerk in accordance with Pa.R.Crim.P. Rule 105 shall:
(a) File one (1) copy of this Order with the Administrative Office of the Pennsylvania Courts via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(b) File with the Legislative Bureau for publication in The Pennsylvania Bulletin.
(c) Publish one (1) copy of this Order on the Clinton County Court website and remove the previous Orders of November 15, 2018 and October 8, 2019 from said website.
By the Court
CRAIG P. MILLER,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 23-392. Filed for public inspection March 24, 2023, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.