§ 7.42. Where and when to display the flag.
(a) The flag shall be displayed:
(1) Daily, on or near the main administration building of every public institution.
(2) In or near every polling place on election days.
(3) During school days in or near every schoolhouse.
(b) It is the universal custom to display the flag only from sunrise to sunset on buildings and on stationary flagstaffs in the open. However, when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed 24 hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness.
(c) The flag shall be hoisted briskly and lowered ceremoniously.
(d) The flag may not be displayed on days when the weather is inclement, except when an all weather flag is displayed.
(e) The flag shall be displayed on all days, especially on the following days:
(1) New Years Day, January 1.
(2) Inauguration Day, January 20.
(3) Lincolns Birthday, February 12.
(4) Washingtons Birthday, third Monday in February.
(5) Easter Sunday.
(6) Mothers Day, second Sunday in May.
(7) Armed Forces Day, third Saturday in May.
(8) Memorial Day, half-staff until noon, the last Monday in May.
(9) Flag Day, June 14.
(10) Independence Day, July 4.
(11) Labor Day, first Monday in September.
(12) Constitution Day, September 17.
(13) Columbus Day, second Monday in October.
(14) Navy Day, October 27.
(15) Veterans Day, November 11.
(16) Thanksgiving Day, fourth Thursday in November.
(17) Pennsylvanias Birthday, as a State, December 12.
(18) Christmas Day, December 25.
(19) Such other days as may be proclaimed by the President of the United States or the Governor of this Commonwealth.
The provisions of this § 7.42 amended September 21, 1984, effective April 25, 1981, 14 Pa.B. 3424. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (55473) to (55474).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.