§ 20.21. Eligibility for Program benefits.
(a) General. The services and benefits of the Program are available to the primary caregiver of a functionally dependent older adult relative, or other adult relative suffering from a chronic dementia such as Alzheimers Disease, who lives in the same residence and whose household income does not exceed 380% of the poverty level. In addition to a thorough family assessment, these services include benefits counseling, caregiver education and financial benefits. The financial benefits are available, as provided under § § 20.4120.45 (relating to reimbursement benefits), to reimburse caregivers for expenses directly related to the provision of care. Subject to the availability of appropriated funds allocated to a planning and service area, these benefits are available on a cost-sharing basis up to specified maximum amount according to the caregiver familys household income and documented expenditures.
(b) Criteria for the determination of eligibility. For a caregiver to be determined eligible for the services and benefits available under this chapter, the following criteria shall be met:
(1) The caregiver shall be the primary caregiver as defined under § 20.2 (relating to definitions).
(2) The primary caregiver and the carereceiver shall be relatives and live together in the same residence as defined under § 20.2.
(3) The caregiver family (carereceiver included) shall cooperate with the area agency on aging in the completion of a comprehensive assessment of the caregiver, the carereceiver and the caregiving environment as required under § 20.32 (relating to assessment and care management).
(4) The carereceiver shall be a functionally dependent older adult or other adult with a chronic dementia such as Alzheimers Disease as diagnosed under § 20.32.
(5) The household income of the caregiver family, as provided under § 20.23 (relating to income), may not exceed 380% of the poverty level.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.