§ 27.1. Scope.
(a) Policy and procedure. This chapter establishes policies and procedures relating to the following:
(1) The registration of dogs determined to be dangerous under section 502-A of the act (3 P. S. § 459-502-A).
(2) The general conditions of registration under this chapter.
(3) The required enclosure for dangerous dogs and the control of dangerous dogs while outside the enclosure.
(4) The uniform dangerous dog warning sign and identification tag.
(5) The special exception in section 507-A(e) of the act (3 P. S. § 459-507-A(e)) for farm dogs.
(b) Exemptions. This chapter does not apply to dogs used by law enforcement officials for police work, certified guide dogs for the blind, hearing dogs for the deaf or aid dogs for the handicapped.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.