§ 203.041. Limited offerings.
(a) The notice required under section 203(d) of the act (70 P.S. § 1-203(d)) shall be filed with the Department within the time period specified on Form E in accordance with the General Instructions.
(b) The Department will not consider the requirement of section 203(d)(i) of the act to be met unless the issuer meets all of the following:
(1) Enters into a written agreement by which the purchaser agrees not to sell the securities purchased under the exemption within 12 months after the date of purchase, except in accordance with § 204.011 (relating to waivers of the 12-month holding period), and a copy of the agreement to be signed has been filed with the Department.
(2) Places a legend on the security restricting its transferability for 12 months after the date of purchase except in accordance with § 204.011.
(3) Instructs its transfer agent, if any, that no transfer of the securities is permitted except in accordance with section 203(d) of the act, § 204.011 and this section.
(c) Except if the promoters, as defined in section 102(o) of the act (70 P.S. § 1-102(o)), are registered under section 301 of the act (70 P.S. § 1-301), the condition contained in section 203(d)(iii) of the act is met only if a promoter does not receive an underwriting, selling or finders fee or commission or other remuneration directly or indirectly for the sale of securities under the exemption.
(1) A promoter is considered to have received indirect remuneration if money or property is paid to an affiliate of a promoter as compensation for the sale of securities.
(2) The fact that the value of a promoters investment in the issuer is increased as a result of the offering or that the promoter will receive remuneration from the issuer for services given to the issuer in the ordinary course of its business or for the sale of property to it does not, of itself, preclude the availability of the exemption.
(d) During the period of the offering, the issuer shall take steps necessary to ensure that the material information contained in its notice remains current and accurate in all material respects. If a material statement made in the notice, or an attachment thereto, becomes materially incorrect or inaccurate, the issuer shall file an amendment with the Department in accordance with § 609.011 (relating to amendments to filings with Department) within 5 business days of the occurrence of the event which required the filing of the amendment.
The provisions of this § 203.041 amended under sections 202(a), (c), (e) and (i), 203(d), (o) and (p), 205, 206, 301, 303, 504, 603(a) and 609 of the Pennsylvania Securities Act of 1972 (70 P.S. § § 1-202(a), (c), (e) and (i), 1-203(d), (o) and (p), 1-205, 1-206, 1-301, 1-303, 1-504, 1-603(a) and 1-609); sections 4 and 9(b) of the Takeover Disclosure Law (70 P.S. § § 74 and 79(b)); and section 202.C of the Department of Banking and Securities Code (71 P.S. § 733-202.C).
The provisions of this § 203.041 adopted May 10, 1974, effective May 11, 1974, 4 Pa.B. 916; amended April 4, 1975, effective April 5, 1975, 5 Pa.B. 722; amended May 6, 1988, effective May 7, 1988, 18 Pa.B. 2117; amended September 22, 1995, effective September 23, 1995, 25 Pa.B. 3994; amended December 30, 1999, effective January 1, 2000, 30 Pa.B. 18; amended July 11, 2003, effective July 12, 2003, 33 Pa.B. 3365; amended December 8, 2006, effective December 9, 2006, 36 Pa.B. 7456; transferred and renumbered from 64 Pa. Code § 203.041, December 14, 2012, effective December 15, 2012, 42 Pa.B. 7533; amended January 12, 2018, effective January 13, 2018, 48 Pa.B. 389. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (364676) to (364677).
This section cited in 10 Pa. Code § 203.191 (relating to Rule 505 offerings); 10 Pa. Code § 203.201 (relating to accredited investor exemption); 10 Pa. Code § 204.010 (relating to increasing the number of purchasers and offerees); and 10 Pa. Code § 204.011 (relating to waivers of the 12-month holding period).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.