§ 203.101. Mortgages.
(a) For the purpose of section 203(j) of the act (70 P.S. § 1-203(j)), the exemption is available only if:
(1) The entire bond or other evidence of indebtedness, together with the real or chattel mortgage, deed of trust, agreement of sale or other instrument securing the same is offered and sold as one unit.
(2) The purchaser of the unit is not offered, as part of the offer of the unit or in connection therewith, a property interest that would itself be considered to be a security under section 102(t) of the act (70 P.S. § 1-102(t)) or under other regulations adopted under the act.
(3) The outstanding principal amount of all bonds or other evidences of indebtedness that are secured by the real or chattel mortgage, deed of trust or agreement of sale on the same property (including bonds and other evidences of indebtedness issued in the transaction) does not exceed the fair value of the property at the time of the transaction.
(4) General solicitation through public media advertisement, mass mailing, the Internet or other means does not occur in connection with soliciting the transaction.
(5) Compensation is not paid or given directly or indirectly for soliciting any person in this Commonwealth in connection with the transaction.
(6) The issuer, at the time of the transaction, is in compliance with any applicable licensing requirements of the Department.
(b) The exemption contained in section 203(j) of the act may not be available for a transaction entered into primarily to avoid the provisions of section 201 of the act (70 P.S. § 1-201) or made in violation of the antifraud provisions of sections 401409 of the act (70 P.S. § § 1-4011-409).
The provisions of this § 203.101 amended under sections 202(g) and (i), 203(d), (i.1), (j) and (n)(t), 204(a), 205(b), 207(g), (j.1) and (n), 209(b), 211(a) and (b), 504(d), 513, 603(a), 606(d) and 609(a) of the Pennsylvania Securities Act of 1972 (70 P.S. § § 1-202(g) and (i), 1-203(d), (i.1), (j) and (n)(t), 1-204(a), 1-205(b), 1-207(g), (j.1) and (n), 1-209(b), 1-211(a) and (b), 1-504(d), 1-513, 1-603(a), 1-606(d) and 1-609(a)); section 202.C of the Department of Banking and Securities Code (71 P.S. § 733-202.C); and section 9(b) of the Takeover Disclosure Law (70 P.S. § 79(b)).
The provisions of this § 203.101 adopted May 31, 1974, effective June 1, 1974, 4 Pa.B. 1085; amended December 30, 1999, effective January 1, 2000, 30 Pa.B. 18; amended September 1, 2000, effective September 2, 2000, 30 Pa.B. 4551; transferred and renumbered from 64 Pa. Code § 203.101, December 14, 2012, effective December 15, 2012, 42 Pa.B. 7533; amended January 12, 2018, effective January 13, 2018, 48 Pa.B. 389. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (364678).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.