§ 203.187. Small issuer exemption.
(a) General rule. Under section 203(r) of the act (70 P.S. § 1-203(r)), the Department finds that it is not in the public interest or necessary for the protection of investors to require registration under section 201 of the act (70 P.S. § 1-201) for the offer and sale of securities by an issuer if:
(1) The issuer has not sold securities in or out of this Commonwealth to more than ten persons.
(2) The issuer, in connection with offers made for the sale of securities under this section, has not made offers to sell securities to more than 90 persons in this Commonwealth in a period of 12 consecutive months.
(3) The issuer is either organized under the laws of the Commonwealth or has its principal place of business in this Commonwealth.
(4) The issuer or a promoter, officer or director of the issuer is not subject to the disqualifications in § 204.010(b) (relating to increasing the number of purchasers and offerees).
(5) General solicitation through public media advertisement, mass mailing, the Internet or other means does not occur in connection with the offers and sales under this section.
(6) Cash or securities are not given or paid, directly or indirectly, to a person as compensation in connection with a sale under this section unless:
(i) The compensation is given or paid in connection with a sale made by a broker-dealer who either is registered under section 301 of the act (70 P.S. § 1-301) or exempt from registration under section 302(a) of the act (70 P.S. § 1-302(a)).
(ii) The person receiving compensation is either the broker-dealer or an agent of the broker-dealer who either is registered under section 301 of the act or exempt from registration under section 302(b) of the act.
(1) Offers and sales made by the issuer under this section are counted as offers and sales under applicable numerical limitations set forth in § 204.010(a)(1) and (2) if offers and sales under § 204.010 occur within a period of 12 consecutive months of an offer or sale made under this section.
(2) Offers and sales made by the issuer under this section are counted as offers and sales under the applicable numerical limitations in section 203(s) of the act if offers and sales under section 203(s) of the act occur within a period of 6 consecutive months of an offer or sale made under this section.
(c) Computation. Section 609.012 (relating to computing the number of offerees, purchasers and clients) applies to offers and sales of securities made under this section.
The provisions of this § 203.187 issued under section 203(r) of the Pennsylvania Securities Act of 1972 (70 P.S. § 1-203(r)); amended under sections 202(g) and (i), 203(d), (i.1), (j) and (n)(t), 204(a), 205(b), 207(g), (j.1) and (n), 209(b), 211(a) and (b), 504(d), 513, 603(a), 606(d) and 609(a) of the Pennsylvania Securities Act of 1972 (70 P.S. § § 1-202(g) and (i), 1-203(d), (i.1), (j) and (n)(t), 1-204(a), 1-205(b), 1-207(g), (j.1) and (n), 1-209(b), 1-211(a) and (b), 1-504(d), 1-513, 1-603(a), 1-606(d) and 1-609(a)); section 202.C of the Department of Banking and Securities Code (71 P.S. § 733-202.C); and section 9(b) of the Takeover Disclosure Law (70 P.S. § 79(b)).
The provisions of this § 203.187 adopted January 30, 1987, effective January 31, 1987, 17 Pa.B. 562; amended September 25, 1992, effective September 26, 1992, 22 Pa.B. 4780; amended December 30, 1999, effective January 1, 2000, 30 Pa.B. 18; transferred and renumbered from 64 Pa. Code § 203.187, December 14, 2012, effective December 15, 2012, 42 Pa.B. 7533; amended January 12, 2018, effective January 13, 2018, 48 Pa.B. 389. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (364690) to (364691).
This section cited in 10 Pa. Code § 203.189 (relating to isolated transaction exemption); and 10 Pa. Code § 606.031 (relating to advertising literature).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.