§ 207.050. Reports by engineers, appraisers and others.
(a) The Department may, under section 207(e) of the act (70 P.S. § 1-207(e)), require as a condition of registration that the issuer or other person seeking to register securities for sale submit a technical report.
(1) The report must be prepared and certified by an engineer, appraiser, accountant or other professional person with respect to the value of an asset held by the issuer or other material matter considered by the Department to be reasonably related to the conduct of the issuers business.
(2) The cost of preparation of the report will be borne by the applicant for registration.
(b) The Department may require that an employee of the Commonwealth prepare the report referred to in subsection (a). If this report is required, the Department will:
(1) Notify the applicant for registration of the approximate cost of preparing the report, including travel and living expenses.
(2) Require the applicant to deposit with the Department funds sufficient to cover costs with instructions authorizing disbursement of the funds as expenses are incurred before the commencement of preparation of the report.
(3) Notify the applicant if it appears additional costs will be incurred in the preparation of the report and require the applicant to deposit with the Department the additional moneys necessary to permit completion of the work.
(c) A person who prepares for submission or submits a technical report to the Department in response to the Department request, and a person who prepares for submission or submits a technical report intended to be included or referred to in any part of the registration statement, shall attach to the report:
(1) A statement as to the persons qualifications and experience.
(2) A statement as to a material relationship or other factor which would bear on the persons independence with respect to the subject matter to which or the person to whom the report relates.
The provisions of this § 207.050 amended under section 202.C of the Department of Banking and Securities Code (71 P.S. § 733-202.C); section 609(a) of the Pennsylvania Securities Act of 1972 (70 P.S. § 1-609(a)); and section 9(b) of the Takeover Disclosure Law (70 P.S. § 79(b)).
The provisions of this § 207.050 transferred and renumbered from 64 Pa. Code § 207.050, December 14, 2012, effective December 15, 2012, 42 Pa.B. 7533; amended January 12, 2018, effective January 13, 2018, 48 Pa.B. 389. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (364711).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.