Subchapter B. CREDIT COUNSELORS AND SUPERVISORS
57.11. Continuing education requirements.
57.12. Course format.
57.13. Former registered certifying organizations.
§ 57.11. Continuing education requirements.
Credit counselors and supervisors shall complete a minimum of 16 continuing education units every 2 years which meet the following criteria:
(1) The continuing education units shall be earned through a registered certifying organization.
(2) A minimum of 1 of the 16 continuing education units must relate to ethics.
(3) The continuing education units which do not relate to ethics must address topics associated with consumer education programs as defined in section 2 of the act (63 P. S. § 2402).
§ 57.12. Course format.
A credit counselor or supervisor may complete continuing education units through a course format offered by a registered certifying organization including live instruction, web and teleconference formats.
§ 57.13. Former registered certifying organizations.
(a) The Department will remove a certifying organization from the acceptable provider list posted on the Departments web site under § 57.31(b) (relating to registration) if the certifying organization does not meet the requirements of this chapter.
(b) If a credit counselor or supervisor completes courses with a certifying organization that the Department removes from the provider list, the Department will consider the continuing education units:
(1) Valid if the credit counselor or supervisor completed the units before the Department removed the certifying organization from the list and the Department will not take administrative action against the licensee for failing to comply with a regulation issued by the Department as permitted under sections 10(2), 16 and 17 of the act (63 P. S. § § 2410(2), 2416 and 2417).
(2) Invalid if the credit counselor or supervisor completed the units after the Department removed the certifying organization from the list and the Department will consider taking administrative action against the licensee for failing to comply with a regulation issued by the Department as permitted under sections 10(2), 16 and 17 of the act.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.