§ 339.32. Services.
The plan shall be designed to promote equal opportunity and include the following guidance service areas:
(1) Assistance to students in selecting vocational curricula that meet their needs and address their interests. School entity counseling services must ensure that counselors do not direct or urge any student to enroll in a particular career or program, or measure or predict a students prospects for success in any career or program based upon the students race, color, national origin, sex or disabilities. School entities cannot counsel students with disabilities toward more restrictive career objectives than students without disabilities and with similar abilities and interests.
(2) Assistance for all vocational students in making educational career plans including high school academic and technical preparation and postsecondary education and training, and adjustments through the use of individual and group counseling and appropriate student assessment procedures.
(3) Provision of occupational and educational information needed for realistic career planning in an organized, systematic fashion for students, parents and teachers.
(4) Maintenance of cumulative records and the use, exchange and release of student information in accordance with § § 12.31 and 12.32 (relating to general requirements; and elements of the plan).
(5) Adequate orientation procedures for vocationally oriented pupils.
(6) Support of a placement service that is developmental and makes provisions for the transition from school to the world of work.
(7) Formal and informal consultation with teachers, administrators and other school staff.
(8) A school-initiated system of parental involvement.
(9) Liaison activities with community agencies.
(10) Assistance in the conduct of follow-up studies to determine the effectiveness of the curriculum.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.