§ 339.41. Certification.
Certification requirements include:
(1) Professional employees. Professional staff shall meet standards as defined in Chapters 49 and 354 (relating to certification of professional personnel; and preparation of professional educators) as well as certification and professional standards and requirements for teachers under Article XVII of the School Code (24 P. S. § § 12-120112-1215) and the Professional Educator Discipline Act (24 P. S. § § 2070.12070.18).
(2) In-service plan. Local education agencies shall have a plan on file that ensures professional personnel will keep up with the technology and remain current with practices and standards of their professional areas.
(3) Temporary certification. The Secretary may issue a temporary letter of certification for a resource specialist to provide supplemental vocational instruction under the supervision of a certified teacher. The services must be part-time and may not exceed 300 clock hours during a school year.
(4) Chief administrator of the area school. The School Code provides that area vocational-technical boards shall designate the executive director of the intermediate unit or a chief school administrator of one of the participating school districts to serve in the capacity of the chief administrator of the area school.
(5) Vocational supervision. A vocational supervisory certificate or vocational director certificate is mandated when 50% or more of an assignment is related to supervising vocational education programs.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.