§ 339.57. Application for establishment; program approval and reapproval; Termination.
(a) Establishment. To be eligible for funding and establishment as a TI under this chapter, an applicant must obtain approval from the Department. Application shall be made on forms approved by the Department which includes:
(1) A statement of philosophy documenting how the mission fulfills the educational needs of this Commonwealth.
(2) Strategic plans, including needs assessment; action plans; coordination and articulation plans among secondary, postsecondary, adult and apprenticeship programs; professional staff development plan; written plan for job placement; and a plan for repair, replacement and addition of instructional equipment. Action plans must include formal strategies and accountability plans for ensuring that all students are equipped with the academic and occupational skills they need for career success and lifelong learning.
(3) Evidence of a local advisory committee, which has the function of advising the administration of the institute concerning the needs of the institute and the needs of business and industry as they relate to strategic planning, educational planning and recruitment of personnel. Evidence must be given that the local advisory committee will hold at least one meeting each year. This is evidenced by agendas and minutes of local advisory committee meetings.
(4) Evidence that nondiscriminatory written admissions policies exist, are publicized and are effective. This is evidenced in the school entitys policy manual and publications such as the admissions handbook; course announcements, materials, brochures, and similar materials that convey the philosophy of equal access to students considering enrollment. Once established, a TI shall demonstrate effectiveness of admissions policies through disaggregated student enrollment data.
(5) Evidence that information related to guidance counseling, placement and financial aid information shall be available to all students.
(b) Program approval and reapproval. New, expanded or revised programs shall be approved by the Secretary prior to operation. A program will not receive vocational education payments under § 339.55 (relating to payment on behalf of TIs) until it has been approved by the Secretary under this chapter. A TI shall apply for program approval or reapproval in the same manner as provided under § 339.4 (relating to program approval).
(c) Licensure and certification. Instructional programs shall be designed to meet licensure, certifications or examinations administered by State or Federal regulatory bodies, trade associations or professional organizations.
(d) Strategic plan. Each TI shall submit to the Department for review and approval a strategic plan no fewer than every 5 years.
(e) Program termination. Programs may be terminated at any time by the TI board. Any student enrolled in the program being terminated shall be given a reasonable opportunity to complete it.
(f) Documentation. TIs shall retain documentation on file supporting each item in this section for 3 years and the documents shall be made available to the Department upon request.
This section cited in 22 Pa. Code § 339.55 (relating to payment on behalf of TIs); and 22 Pa. Code § 339.56 (relating to authority).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.