§ 4.35. ACTSs.
(a) ACTS attendance areas shall conform to the plan of the State Board of Career and Technical Education. Boards of school directors may petition the State Board of Career and Technical Education for attendance area assignment or reassignment.
(b) The following provisions apply to the establishment of ACTSs:
(1) Where more than one district constitutes an attendance area, the appropriate intermediate unit may, and upon the request of any school district shall, call for an election by the boards of school directors within the attendance area to determine if an ACTS shall be established.
(2) A school district within the attendance area may elect to participate in the establishment of the ACTS.
(3) Where a single school district constitutes an attendance area, the board of school directors of that district may establish and operate ACTSs and be considered an ACTS board.
(c) The following provisions apply to articles of agreement for the establishment and operation of ACTSs:
(1) The boards of school directors of the school districts electing to participate in the ACTS shall enter into a written agreement setting forth rights and obligations of the participating school districts.
(2) No change will be made in the articles of agreement under paragraph (1) without the consent of each participating school district by the affirmative vote of each board of school directors.
(3) No school district may withdraw from the articles of agreement under paragraph (1) without the consent of each participating school district.
The provisions of this § 4.35 amended under sections 2603-B and 2604-B of the Public School Code of 1949 (24 P.S. § § 26-2603-B and 26-2604-B).
The provisions of this § 4.35 amended July 15, 2022, effective July 16, 2022, 52 Pa.B. 3946. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (371097).
This section cited in 22 Pa. Code § 4.23 (relating to high school education).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.