§ 403.5. Paraprofessionals.
(a) Requirements of NCLB.
(1) Section 1119(f) of Title I (20 U.S.C.A. § 6319(f)) added by NCLB, requires that all Title I funded instructional paraprofessionals hired by an LEA to hold a high school diploma or GED.
(2) Section 1119(c) of Title I (20 U.S.C.A. § 6319(c)), added by NCLB, requires that all Title I funded instructional paraprofessionals hired by an LEA after January 8, 2002, to have one of the following:
(i) An associates degree.
(ii) Completed at least 2 years of study at an institution of higher education.
(iii) Met a rigorous standard of quality demonstrated through a state or local assessment.
(3) Section 1119(d) of Title I (20 U.S.C.A. § 6319(d)) requires that all Title I funded instructional paraprofessionals hired by an LEA prior to January 8, 2002, meet the requirements of paragraph (2) by January 8, 2006.
(b) Local assessments.
(1) To accomplish the mandates described in subsection (a)(2)(iii), LEAs may utilize a local assessment.
(2) The Department will develop a process for reviewing local assessments to determine that they satisfy the requirements of the NCLB.
The provisions of this § 403.5 adopted December 27, 2002, effective December 28, 2002, 32 Pa.B. 6359.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.