§ 127.450. Administrative operating permit amendments.
(a) An administrative permit amendment is a permit revision that does one or more of the following:
(1) Corrects typographical errors.
(2) Identifies a change in the name, address or phone number of a person identified in the permit, or provides a similar minor administrative change at the source.
(3) Requires more frequent monitoring or reporting by the permittee.
(4) Allows for a change in ownership or operational control of a source if the Department determines that no other change in the permit is necessary, and if a written agreement containing a specific date for transfer of permit responsibility, coverage and liability between the current and new permittee and a compliance review form has been submitted to and the permit transfer has been approved by the Department.
(5) Except when precluded by the Clean Air Act or the regulations, incorporates into an operating permit the requirements from plan approvals including plan approvals issued under Subchapter B (relating to plan approval requirements), Subchapter D (relating to prevention of significant deterioration of air quality) and Subchapter E (relating to new source review) or § 127.35 (relating to maximum achievable control technology standards for hazardous air pollutants) authorized under an EPA-approved program, if the program meets procedural requirements of this chapter.
(b) Administrative permit amendments for purposes of the acid rain portion of the permit shall be governed by regulations promulgated under Title IV of the Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C.A. § § 7641 and 7642).
(c) An administrative permit amendment may be made by the Department consistent with the following:
(1) The Department will take no more than 60 days from receipt of a request from the owner or operator of a source for an administrative permit amendment to the Department with a copy to the EPA to take final action on the request, and may incorporate the changes without providing notice to the public or affected states except for permit revisions made under subsection (a)(5).
(2) The Department will submit a copy of the revised permit to the Administrator of the EPA.
(d) Unless precluded by the Clean Air Act or the regulations thereunder, the Department will, upon taking final action granting a request for an administrative permit amendment, allow coverage by the permit shield in § 127.516 (relating to permit shield) for administrative permit amendments which meet the relevant requirements of this article.
(e) The Department will take final action on the administrative amendment and publish notice of the final action in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
(f) Administrative amendments are not authorized for any amendment precluded by the Clean Air Act or the regulations thereunder from being processed as an administrative amendment.
This section cited in 25 Pa. Code § 127.3 (relating to operational flexibility).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.