§ 225.74. Training and testing.
(a) The registrant may not permit an individual to act as a radiographer until that individual has:
(1) Been instructed in the subjects outlined in Appendix A (relating to subjects to be covered during the instruction of radiographers).
(2) Received copies of this chapter, Chapters 219 and 220 (relating to standards for protection against radiation; and notices, instructions and reports to workers; inspections and investigations), and copies of the license or certificate of registration and the operating and emergency procedures of the registrant or licensee.
(3) Received at least 160 hours of instruction covering regulatory requirements, operating and emergency procedures and the use of radiation-producing devices and radiation survey instruments of the registrant or licensee.
(4) Demonstrated competency and understanding of the information in this subsection to the satisfaction of the registrant or licensee as evidenced by the successful completion of a written test and a field examination.
(b) The registrant or licensee may not permit an individual to act as a radiographers assistant until that individual has:
(1) Received copies of, and instruction in, the applicable operating and emergency procedures and has been instructed in the use of sources of radiation and radiation survey instruments of the registrant or licensee.
(2) Demonstrated that, under direct personal supervision of a radiographer, the individual is competent to use sources of radiation and radiation survey instruments as evidenced by the successful completion of a written or oral test and a field examination on the subjects relevant to being an assistant radiographer.
(c) Records of the training required under subsections (a) and (b), including copies of written tests, dates of oral tests and field examinations, shall be maintained for inspection by the Department for 5 years following termination of employment by the individual or until the registration or license is terminated.
The provisions of this § 225.74 amended August 11, 2023, effective 90 days after publication, 53 Pa.B. 4977. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (304542) and (394143).
This section cited in 25 Pa. Code § 225.73 (relating to training of personnel).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.