§ 225.84. Operating and emergency procedures.
The operating and emergency procedures of the registrant or licensee shall include instruction in at least the following:
(1) Handling and use of sources of radiation to be employed so that no individual is likely to be exposed to radiation in excess of the limits established in Chapter 219 (relating to standards for protection against radiation).
(2) Methods and occasions for conducting radiation surveys and the proper use of survey meters.
(3) Methods for controlling access to areas where radiographic operations are being conducted.
(4) Methods and occasions for locking and securing sources of radiation.
(5) Personnel monitoring and the use of individual monitoring devices, including steps that are to be taken immediately by radiographic personnel when a direct reading dosimeter is found to be off-scale.
(6) Methods and procedures for minimizing exposure to individuals in the event of an accident.
(7) The procedure for notifying proper personnel in the event of an accident.
(8) Maintenance of records required by the Department.
(9) The inspection and maintenance of radiation-producing devices and survey meters.
The provisions of this § 225.84 amended August 11, 2023, effective 90 days after publication, 53 Pa.B. 4977. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (304546).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.