§ 225.92. Radiation survey meter calibration requirements.
(a) In addition to the requirements of § 225.91 (relating to survey meter requirements), instruments required by this chapter shall have a range so that 2 mR (0.516 µC/kg) per hour through 1 R (258 µC/kg) per hour can be measured.
(b) Each radiation instrument shall be calibrated:
(1) At energies appropriate for use.
(2) At intervals not to exceed 6 months.
(3) After each instrument servicing, other than battery replacement.
(4) To within an accuracy of +/- 20%.
(5) At two points located approximately one-third and two-thirds of full scale on each scale of linear scale instruments; at mid-range of each decade and at two points of at least 1 decade for logarithmic scale instruments; and for digital instruments, at three points between 2 mR (0.516 µC/kg) and 1,000 mR (258 µC/kg) per hour.
(6) By a person authorized by the Department, the NRC or an agreement state.
(c) Calibration records shall be maintained for inspection by the Department for 5 years after the date of calibration.
The provisions of this § 225.92 amended August 11, 2023, effective 90 days after publication, 53 Pa.B. 4977. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (304547) to (304548).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.