§ 290.407. Storage pilesleachate and runoff control.
(a) A person that installs a storage pad or liner system shall collect leachate and runoff from the coal ash pile and divert it into a leachate storage or treatment system.
(b) A leachate storage system must consist of a collection tank or surface impoundment. The tank or impoundment must be:
(1) Sized for the anticipated leachate and runoff flow, including a 30-day reserve capacity.
(2) Chemically compatible with the leachate.
(3) Of sufficient strength to withstand expected loads.
(4) Equipped with cleanouts, if necessary.
(5) Sealed to prevent the loss of leachate and runoff.
(c) Collected leachate shall be treated or disposed in a manner that complies with the act, The Clean Streams Law (35 P. S. § § 691.1691.1001), and the regulations promulgated thereunder.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.