§ 295.263. Implementation of contingency plan.
(a) The operator of the facility shall immediately implement the applicable provisions of the approved contingency plan when there is an emergency. For purposes of this section, an emergency includes a fire, spill or other hazard, that threatens public health and safety, public welfare or the environment, and personal injury.
(b) During an emergency, the operator shall:
(1) Assess actual or potential hazards to public health and safety, public welfare and the environment that are occurring or may occur.
(2) Ensure that fires, spills or other hazards do not occur, reoccur or spread to other solid waste at the facility.
(3) Immediately telephone the Department and county emergency management agency, and report the following information:
(i) The name of the person reporting the incident and telephone number where that person can be reached.
(ii) The name, address and permit number of the facility.
(iii) The date, time and location of the emergency.
(iv) A brief description of the nature of the emergency, the type and quantity of the solid waste involved and what dangers to public health and safety, public welfare and the environment exist or may occur.
(v) The nature of injuries.
(vi) The parts of the emergency plan being implemented to alleviate the emergency.
(c) After an emergency, the operator of the facility shall:
(1) Clean up the area affected by the emergency and treat, store or dispose of recovered solid waste, contaminated soil, contaminated water or other material in a manner approved by the Department.
(2) Prevent processing, storage or disposal of solid waste in the area affected by the emergency until the operator has cleaned up the area, and the Department has inspected and approved the cleanup.
This section cited in 25 Pa. Code § 295.141 (relating to contingency plan).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.