§ 78a.24. Information to be provided with objections by owner or operator of coal mine.
(a) The objections shall be filed in writing and must contain the following information, if applicable:
(1) The name, address and telephone number of the person filing the objection, and the date on which a copy of the plat was received.
(2) The name and address of the applicant for the well permit and the name and number of the well.
(3) The type of wellfor example, oil, gas, injection, and the likethat is the subject of the objections.
(4) The location of the well in relation to the coal owned or operated by the objecting party.
(5) The area through which the well will be drilled, specifically:
(i) Whether the well will be drilled through a mining area that is projected, platted or permitted, but not yet being operated.
(ii) Whether the well will be drilled through a perimeter area.
(iii) Whether the well will penetrate a workable coal seam.
(iv) Whether the well will be located above an active mine.
(v) Whether the well will penetrate an operating mine.
(6) A copy of the plans, maps or projections of the mining area underlying the proposed gas well showing the location of the proposed well.
(7) Whether the owner or operator believes that the well will pose undue interference or endangerment to the mine, and the nature of the threat.
(8) The financial impact posed by the well, to which objections may be heard by a panel under § 78a.30 (relating to jurisdiction of panel).
(9) Whether the well will violate the act, the Coal and Gas Resource Coordination Act (58 P.S. § § 501518) or another applicable law administered by the Department.
(b) The objections must include an alternate location, if possible, on the tract of the well operator that would overcome the objections or at which the interference would be minimized. The Department is not bound to consider alternate locations that are proposed after the close of the first conference.
This section cited in 25 Pa. Code § 78a.25 (relating to conferencesgeneral).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.