§ 1141.48. Training.
(a) As required under the act, the following individuals shall complete a 2-hour training course developed by the Department within the times specified:
(1) Each principal of a medical marijuana organization, prior to starting initial operation of a facility.
(2) Each employee of a medical marijuana organization who has direct contact with patients or caregivers or who physically handles seeds, immature medical marijuana plants, medical marijuana plants, medical marijuana or medical marijuana products, within 90 days after starting employment at the facility.
(b) The training course required under subsection (a) must provide the following information:
(1) The provisions of the act and this part relevant to the responsibilities of principals and employees of medical marijuana organizations.
(2) Proper handling of seeds, immature medical marijuana plants, medical marijuana plants, medical marijuana and medical marijuana products.
(3) Proper recordkeeping.
(4) How to prevent and detect the diversion of seeds, immature medical marijuana plants, medical marijuana plants, medical marijuana and medical marijuana products.
(5) Best practice security procedures.
(6) Best practice safety procedures, including responding to the following:
(i) A medical emergency.
(ii) A fire.
(iii) A chemical spill.
(iv) A threatening event including:
(A) An armed robbery.
(B) A burglary.
(C) A criminal incident.
(c) A medical marijuana organization shall retain the attendance records of its principals and employees and make them available for inspection by the Department and its authorized agents upon request.
(d) The Department will make the 2-hour training course available at no cost to the medical marijuana organization, its principals or employees.
The temporary provisions of this § 1141.48 amended May 11, 2018, effective May 17, 2018, expire on May 12, 2020, 48 Pa.B. 2767. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (385936) to (385937).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.