§ 1151.25. Visitor access to grower/processor facilities.
(a) A grower/processor facility may not be open to the general public. A grower/processor shall require visitors, including vendors, contractors and other individuals requiring access to the facility, for purposes regarding the growing, processing or testing of seeds, immature medical marijuana plants, medical marijuana plants, medical marijuana or medical marijuana products, to sign a visitor log and wear a visitor identification badge that is visible to others at all times while on the site and in the facility.
(b) A grower/processor shall require visitors to present government-issued identification that contains a photo to gain access to the site and facility.
(c) No one under 18 years of age is permitted to enter a grower/processor site or facility.
(d) A grower/processor shall post a sign in a conspicuous location at each entrance of a site and a facility that states:
THESE PREMISES ARE UNDER CONSTANT VIDEO SURVEILLANCE. NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 IS PERMITTED TO ENTER.
(e) A grower/processor shall do the following when admitting a visitor to a site or facility:
(1) Require the visitor to sign a visitor log upon entering and leaving the facility.
(2) Check the visitors government-issued identification to verify that the name on the identification provided matches the name in the visitor log. A photocopy of the identification must be retained with the log.
(3) Issue a visitor identification badge with the visitors name and company, if applicable, and a badge number.
(4) Escort the visitor while the visitor remains in the facility or on the site.
(5) Ensure that the visitor does not touch any seeds, immature medical marijuana plants, medical marijuana plants, medical marijuana or medical marijuana products located in a limited access area.
(f) The following apply to the visitor log required under subsections (a) and (e):
(1) The grower/processor shall maintain the log for 4 years and make the log available to the Department, State or local law enforcement, and other State or local government officials upon request if necessary to perform the government officials functions and duties.
(2) The log must include the full name of each visitor, the visitor identification badge number, the time of arrival, the time of departure and the purpose of the visit, including the areas of the site and the facility visited and the name of each employee visited.
(g) This section does not limit the right of the Department or its authorized agents, or other Federal, State or local government officials, from entering any area of a grower/processor site or facility if necessary to perform the governmental officials functions and duties.
(h) A principal, financial backer, operator or an employee of a grower/processor may not receive any type of consideration or compensation for allowing a visitor to enter a limited access area.
The temporary provisions of this § 1151.25 amended January 13, 2017, effective January 14, 2017, expire on January 14, 2019, 47 Pa.B. 199; amended May 11, 2018, effective May 17, 2018, expire on May 12, 2020, 48 Pa.B. 2767. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (385942) to (385943).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.