§ 1151.27. Requirements for growing and processing medical marijuana.
(a) A grower/processor shall use only a pesticide, fungicide or herbicide that is approved by the Department of Agriculture for use on medical marijuana plants and listed in Appendix A (relating to acceptable pesticide active ingredients for use). The Department will periodically publish a notice in the Pennsylvania Bulletin updating the list of approved pesticides, fungicides and herbicides.
(b) A grower/processor shall use a pesticide, fungicide or herbicide listed in Appendix A in a manner that is approved by the Department of Agriculture on the basis of Federal law and regulations.
(c) A grower/processor shall maintain a log of all actions taken to detect pests or pathogens, and the measures taken for control.
(d) A grower/processor shall:
(1) Use appropriate nutrient practices.
(2) Use a fertilizer or hydroponic solution of a type, formulation and at a rate to support healthy growth of plants.
(3) Maintain records of the type and amounts of fertilizer and any growth additives used.
(e) A grower/processor shall perform visual inspections of growing plants and harvested plant material to ensure there is no visible mold, mildew, pests, rot, or grey or black plant material that is greater than an acceptable level as determined by the Department.
(f) A grower/processor may not add any additional active ingredients or materials to medical marijuana that alters the dosage level, color, appearance, smell, taste, effect or weight of the medical marijuana unless the grower/processor has first obtained the prior written approval of the Department. Excipients must be pharmaceutical grade, unless otherwise approved by the Department.
(g) A grower/processor shall have a separate and secure area for temporary storage of seeds, immature medical marijuana plants, medical marijuana plants, medical marijuana and medical marijuana products that are awaiting disposal by the grower/processor.
(h) A grower/processor shall only process the parts of the medical marijuana plant that:
(1) Are free of seeds and stems.
(2) Are free of dirt, sand, debris or other foreign matter.
(3) Contain a level of mold, rot or other fungus or bacterial diseases acceptable to the Department.
(i) A grower/processor shall process the medical marijuana plants in a safe and sanitary manner. The following requirements apply:
(1) Medical marijuana plants, raw material and other product used in the processing of medical marijuana shall be handled on food-grade stainless steel benches or tables.
(2) Proper sanitation shall be maintained.
(3) Proper rodent, bird and pest exclusion practices shall be employed.
(j) A grower/processor shall install a system to monitor, record and regulate:
(5) Water supply.
The temporary provisions of this § 1151.27 amended January 13, 2017, effective January 14, 2017, expire on January 14, 2019, 47 Pa.B. 199; amended May 11, 2018, effective May 17, 2018, expire on May 12, 2020, 48 Pa.B. 2767. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (385946) to (385947).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.