§ 1161.34. Sanitation and safety in a facility.
(a) A dispensary shall maintain a facility in a sanitary condition to limit the potential for contamination or adulteration of the medical marijuana products stored in or dispensed at the facility. The following requirements apply:
(1) Trash shall be properly removed.
(2) Floors, walls and ceilings shall be kept in good repair.
(3) Adequate protection against pests shall be provided through the use of integrated pest management practices and techniques that identify and manage pest problems, and the regular disposal of trash to prevent infestation.
(4) Toxic cleaning compounds, sanitizing agents, solvents and pesticide chemicals must be labeled and stored in a manner that prevents contamination of medical marijuana products and in a manner that otherwise complies with other applicable laws and regulations.
(b) An employee working in direct contact with medical marijuana products is subject to the restrictions on food handlers in § 27.153 (relating to restrictions on food handlers). An employee shall otherwise conform to sanitary practices while on duty, including the following:
(1) Maintaining adequate personal hygiene.
(2) Washing hands thoroughly in an adequate hand-washing area before starting work and at any other time when hands may have become soiled or contaminated and at all times before dispensing medical marijuana products to a patient or caregiver.
(c) A dispensary shall provide its employees and visitors with adequate and convenient hand-washing facilities furnished with running water at a temperature suitable for sanitizing hands. The following requirements apply:
(1) A dispensary shall locate hand-washing facilities where good sanitary practices require employees to wash and sanitize their hands.
(2) A dispensary shall provide its employees and visitors with effective nontoxic sanitizing cleansers and sanitary towel service or suitable hand drying devices.
(d) A dispensary shall provide its employees and visitors with adequate, readily accessible lavatories that are maintained in a sanitary condition and in good repair.
(e) A dispensary shall comply with all other applicable State and local building code requirements.
The temporary provisions of this § 1161.34 amended May 11, 2018, effective May 17, 2018, expire on May 12, 2020, 48 Pa.B. 2793. Immediately preceding text appears at serial page (385979).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.