§ 1171.27. Sampling procedures for testing.
(a) An approved laboratory shall ensure that its employees prepare all samples in accordance with policies and procedures that include appropriate information necessary for identifying, collecting and transporting samples in a manner that does not endanger the integrity of the samples for any testing required by this part.
(b) The sampling policies must, at a minimum, meet the following requirements:
(1) Be appropriate to the matrix being sampled.
(2) Be in accordance with guidance provided by the Department.
(c) The sampling procedures must include the following procedures:
(1) Surveying the conditions in which the sample is being stored.
(2) Using appropriate sampling equipment and consistent procedures.
(3) Selecting and removing equal portions for each sample.
(4) Random or systematic taking of samples throughout the harvest batch or harvest lot.
(5) Obtaining a minimum number of samples based on harvest batch or harvest lot size.
(6) Checking all parts of the harvest batch when harvest lots are created from that harvest batch.
(7) Recording on a form prescribed by the Department all observations and procedures used when collecting the sample.
(8) Creating a unique sample identification number that will be linked to the harvest batch or harvest lot number assigned by the grower/processor in the electronic tracking system.
(9) Entering all required information into the electronic tracking system.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.